09-17-2010 11:08 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    i personally don't use the tasks feature but -

1. did you enable Google tasks on the PC side?
    2. sync for tasks may be manual only for now - not automatic per the developer updates page. automatic sync forthcoming.

Jorte - Update
    I thought google tasks was automatically within the google calendar - good to know - right now I use gtasx for google tasks, but hopefully EAS tasks will be able to sync pretty soon. don't even know how to manually sync EAS tasks to the EVO - I guess I should go and read the "how to", eh?

thanks much!
    08-22-2010 02:22 PM
    I thought google tasks was automatically within the google calendar - good to know - right now I use gtasx for google tasks, but hopefully EAS tasks will be able to sync pretty soon. don't even know how to manually sync EAS tasks to the EVO - I guess I should go and read the "how to", eh?

thanks much!
    read everything and I had the tasks synched to local and not google - changed that, and lickety-split, they showed up!

thanks a ton!
    08-22-2010 02:42 PM
    So, is there a way to have the widget merely open the details of the event you want to look at rather than just opening the app?

Loving the app, but that would make it perfect.
    08-22-2010 07:11 PM
    Why is it that if I schedule a week long event (Mon-Fri) it only shows Mon-Thur? I have to set the event to end on Saturday to make it appear to end on Friday.

If I do that to compensate for the missing day, then it shows it ends on Saturday if I open up Google Calendar on my PC.
    08-30-2010 05:50 PM
    Same thing happens to me.

Why is it that if I schedule a week long event (Mon-Fri) it only shows Mon-Thur? I have to set the event to end on Saturday to make it appear to end on Friday.

If I do that to compensate for the missing day, then it shows it ends on Saturday if I open up Google Calendar on my PC.
    08-30-2010 07:07 PM
    I put tasks into Jorte and sync with google but the tasks don't show up in the google calendar. I can put a task into Outlook. It Syncs to google calendar with gsyncit and shows up in Calendar tasks and in Jorte. But tasks I put into Jorte never seem to get out.
    Am I doing something wrong or do I need a different app?
    09-14-2010 07:20 PM
    I put tasks into Jorte and sync with google but the tasks don't show up in the google calendar. I can put a task into Outlook. It Syncs to google calendar with gsyncit and shows up in Calendar tasks and in Jorte. But tasks I put into Jorte never seem to get out.
    Am I doing something wrong or do I need a different app?
    I discovered the same issue yesterday when I missed an appointment that was in my phone but never got pushed over to my Outlook calendar. There's a setting for default calendar for new events that I had to change. It doesn't seem it will push events created in Jorte to multiple calendars though.

Honestly, I am liking Jorte less and less and am looking for something else. The dealbreaker for me is if you have a multi-day event, it doesn't show the last day. For instance, I have a conference tomorrow and Friday and have it on my calendar as an "all day event" for those two days, but it's only showing in Jorte as being tomorrow (and it appears that Friday is wide-open). Same for my conference next week: It's scheduled for Monday - Thursday but only shows Monday - Wednesday in Jorte. It's annoying as hell when I am trying to schedule things at a glance, and I can't trust that a day that appears open is actually open. Sorry, but that's completely unacceptable in a calendar app.

Anyways, so long Jorte...hello something else. Not sure what yet, but I'm going to try other options.
    09-15-2010 07:34 AM
    I installed it but haven't gone far. One of the first screens says it is NECESSARY to sync with google. I sync with Outlook on my desktop with HTC sync.

Any way around this?
    How? Please tell (I am new to Android). Thanks.
    09-17-2010 07:40 AM
    09-17-2010 11:08 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD