BY FAR the Best Calendar App I've Found Yet! Jorte!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
coming from 10+ years of using the old Palm OS PIMs, i really missed the great Calendar app. i tried a bunch of the Android replacements to no avail (Calendar Pad, Pure Calendar, Calendar Grid, etc.) i just found Jorte Calendar and LOVE IT so far! it's fast and sleek and the month view is awesome!!!!!!! and it's free!!! check it out and let me know what you think!!!

jorte_en17_s.png

http://www.jorte.net/english/jorte.html

Last edited:

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded it and used it and although it's nice, I don't see an option for meeting invites? The calendar that comes with the Incredible has the meeting invite option as you create a calendar event.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Awesome.

I've never understood why calendars/agendas get so little attention.
Most who originally got a Pda/Phone was because they wanted an Organizer.

Thanks for the tip.

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I installed it but haven't gone far. One of the first screens says it is NECESSARY to sync with google. I sync with Outlook on my desktop with HTC sync.

Any way around this?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I installed it but haven't gone far. One of the first screens says it is NECESSARY to sync with google. I sync with Outlook on my desktop with HTC sync.

Any way around this?

It will still synch with your Outlook. Once you select the Google synch, you can view all of the other calendars you have (Oulook, Google, Exchange, etc). They only tell you that because it needs to connect with the Google one to allow you to see the rest. In the options, you can filter all of the other calendars out that you do not need by unchecking them.

This app does not replace the built in one, it reads from the same calendar file that is on your phone currently. If you add an appointment in Jorte and then open your built in calendar that came with your phone, you'll see that entry. It's not really a "synch".

EDIT: Once you install Jorte and tell it to synch with Google, while in the app press your Menu button then select Options. In options, click on "Settings". In settings, scroll down to "Default Calendar" and select your PC Synch one. That will ensure that every entry you make goes into that calendar without having to constantly select it.
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One other thing I noticed is that my Google Event Details doesn't seem available, unless I'm missing something.

Knowing I have to be at a wedding at 6:00 isn't much help without knowing where and stuff like that from the event details.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
When viewing (or entering) an appointment, click on Details Open, and there's a repeat option.

I'll have to work with this some to see, but I can already tell it's no where close to Datebk 6 (or even Datebk 3, for that matter).

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: Once you install Jorte and tell it to synch with Google, while in the app press your Menu button then select Options. In options, click on "Settings". In settings, scroll down to "Default Calendar" and select your PC Synch one. That will ensure that every entry you make goes into that calendar without having to constantly select it.
Hope that makes sense.

Yes. That makes sense and was easy to do. The only problem now is getting Event Details to show.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes. That makes sense and was easy to do. The only problem now is getting Event Details to show.

Event details will show when you tap on calendar entry then tap on the abbreviated box that shows up. It will expand and give you everything you entered.

I have been using Jorte since almost launch. It does everything I need and with the widget on my home screen I get the week at a glance at all times.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Jorte! I have also been using this for years on my Evo...what.. the Evo has only been out two weeks? I have been having so much fun with it it seems like years..anyway since the Evo came out... i:Di

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know how to get the Google Gmail US Holidays Calendar to show up on Jorte? i have selected the US Holidays Calendar on Google and they show up on my Android's default stock calendar app but they do not show up on Jorte Calendar.

any idea how to fix?

thanks!

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Event details will show when you tap on calendar entry then tap on the abbreviated box that shows up. It will expand and give you everything you entered.
I just saw the prev and next and didn't think to tap the item. Now that I see that this is how it's done, I think several other apps have the same kind of thing. (only been on Android for about 10 days or I might have seen that!!)
Thanks.