BY FAR the Best Calendar App I've Found Yet! Jorte!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Looks great! I'll give it a try.
Does it support widgets?

Not sure what you mean by support, but the install package includes maybe a dozen different widgets that display data in different formats. If you mean will other widgets show Jorte data, I think Jorte uses the standard calendar database, so any widget should work.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
What setting am I missing? I added something to Jorte for July 10, but it never would sync to my Google calendar. I even manually force synced my phone. The other widget I purchased didn't seem to have this problem. I am trying Jorte because I like the UI better (boy, do I miss Datebk from pda). I had to go to Google calendar on pc and add it, then it showed up in Jorte (I deleted the repeat on my phone).

Chase265

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, i got that. But when I go back, it reverts back to the 3/4 view on my Incredible screen. Im looking to have the calendar fill the screen permanently and not having to press on it first

At right bottom corner there is 2 icons. Touch the one that looks like a square and it will change layout.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Trying this out. I added the monthly widget to a screen but when tapping a day, it brings up the actual app....

So trying to view what's actually going on in any given day is two presses (one on the widget, which brings up the calendar application, and then I have to click on the day again to see the actual events).

That can't be right, can it?

maasedge

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Great application but ....

I have somehow managed to duplicate almost all of my google calandar to Jorte and I have not been able to figure out how to delete the duplicates.

I have tried to delete the appointments on Google calandar with the hope that Jorte would pick up the changes and remove them but it only did this with one of the 3 duplicate appointments. So now I have only 2 dupes instead of 3.

I would like to delete everything and start fresh but with google calandar that doesnt seem to be possible.
I have tried to uninstall and clear any data remaining on my Incredible but while Google calandar looks ok on the web when I reinstall Jorte on my phone everything is still messed up.

I really like this app but this is a really annoying situation I have put myself into... Does anyone have any ideas of what I might be able to do to resolve this?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, i got that. But when I go back, it reverts back to the 3/4 view on my Incredible screen. Im looking to have the calendar fill the screen permanently and not having to press on it first

save it as an App shortcut and not a widget on your page.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Would that be the "Event Description" field?

In any case, any limitations on entering or editing entries are a limitation of the HTC calendar, not Jorte. For update actions, Jorte passes control to the built in calendar app, as do all the available calendar widgets.

edit: Just checked. Any notes in an appointment I entered in MS Outlook show up in the Description field in Jorte / HRC Calendar.

fallonjp

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to get a 4x4 widget for Jorte?

I like the 4x4 widget that Calendar Pad offers so I'm currently using that. I like the look of Jorte and would prefer to use this but they do not offer a 4x4 widget. I really want my calendar to take up the whole screen and use that real estate well.

cadmonkey

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get this to sync with Google calendar? When I add a new entry in jorte it does not appear in my Google calendar viewed on a browser.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get this to sync with Google calendar? When I add a new entry in jorte it does not appear in my Google calendar viewed on a browser.

it does sync with the Google Gmail calendar. make sure in the Jorte settings on the smartphone that you select default calendar/sync as "Google Calendar" and not "Jorte Calendar". Jorte gives you the option to set default/sync with its calendar rather than the Google calendar which is probably what yours is set at hence no sync.

it works beautifully once your settings are correct.