Will Sling player ever come to Android

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am beginning to wonder if the Sling Player App will ever come to Android. They first said this summer. The summer is halfway over already. Then they sent out emails about three weeks ago saying it will be here any day. l am now wondering if there is something wrong and it is indefinitely delayed. If you call them they will not give you any information what so ever. Something negative is going on. If it was right around the corner you know we would start to hear rumors it is coming.

What do you think?

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am beginning to wonder if the Sling Player App will ever come to Android. They first said this summer. The summer is halfway over already. Then they sent out emails about three weeks ago saying it will be here any day. l am now wondering if there is something wrong and it is indefinitely delayed. If you call them they will not give you any information what so ever. Something negative is going on. If it was right around the corner you know we would start to hear rumors it is coming.

What do you think?

Its killing me not having it too. Was my favorite app on WM.

Doesn't summer START in a few days? lol

knives of ice

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It is completely ridiculous. why can't they just announce a date it will be available? hell, its not like we are talking about apple's approval process here.

Frankenstein

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for it either (although I still need a slingbox- hopefully for my bday next weekend), buying think the problem is when their parent company. Slingbox was recently bought out by Echostar (i.e. Dish Network) so there are a few things happening here: 1) the cable/sat industry doesn't even know what innovation is; 2) being bought out is like the ultimate pay day, so they don't have as much incentive to work fast; and 3) they probably have all kinds of issues with encoding/decoding with the myriad cable boxes and the like that slingbox pulls content from and with optimizing the app for all of the different Android phones. all of that said though, I really hope it comes out soon, even if it's only for a few phones (EVO :) ).

forkball316

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for it either (although I still need a slingbox- hopefully for my bday next weekend), buying think the problem is when their parent company. Slingbox was recently bought out by Echostar (i.e. Dish Network) so there are a few things happening here: 1) the cable/sat industry doesn't even know what innovation is; 2) being bought out is like the ultimate pay day, so they don't have as much incentive to work fast; and 3) they probably have all kinds of issues with encoding/decoding with the myriad cable boxes and the like that slingbox pulls content from and with optimizing the app for all of the different Android phones. all of that said though, I really hope it comes out soon, even if it's only for a few phones (EVO :) ).

A delay would have nothing to do with cable/sat boxes. We're talking about the slingplayer, not a new slingbox. They sent out a teaser email last week, so I expect it to be here soon. My guess is the first week of July, when (hopefully) froyo is released. Wouldn't surprise me if froyo was the reason for the delay of many new apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692