Favorite music player?

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
bTunes has a lockscreen option, however I found it to be too much of a burden and I would always accidentally hit the next song or pause when trying to just get the phone unlocked. So I turned off the option in bTunes.

thevoiceless

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, the stock (in my case, Sense version) music player, MixZing, and DoubleTwist have been the only two apps that loaded all of the album art saved in the mp3 tags. Cubed didn't load them, and I couldn't really figure out the interface even after messing with it for a while (looked cool, though). The Sense player is fine, I guess I just don't really like the interface for some reason. I don't like MixZing's ads, and the interface seems kind of jumbled. I usually use DoubleTwist by default, it'll be perfect once they get lockscreen controls and a widget. Apparently the ability to read internal storage is already in the works.

Chewbacca23

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
As of now my fav music apps are Cubed love the UI just wish u could put multiple songs in the queued list at a time instead of one by one...I also like the museek player it has the genius like playlist but its just missing a lockscreen player

aditya

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Default player has a very non-intuitive UI. Tried mixzing, liked the ipod like interface, but hate that it creates a playlist each time you play a song. Doubletwist was good UI, but didn't pick up all my songs for some reason. Right now I am using cubed which seems to solve some of the problems in the other players. Also Realplayer beta looks promising and intuitive UI wise, but the app for some reason doesn't show up as something I can add to my home screen, and it lacks a widget so far. (have an Evo if that matters)...basically none of them is a perfect solution yet.

Figured out my issue with Realplayer not showing up in the list of apps to add to the home screen....I ran into some limit with the number of apps I have on my Evo, after a certain amount of apps, it no longer shows the newer apps in the list of apps to add...once I removed some apps, Realplayer showed up fine.

Thanks for the tip about turning off the playlist 'feature' in mixzing.

So far like 3 (cubed) and Realplayer. Cubed also supports scrobble with last.fm which is a bonus.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Used bTunes for a while but heard about Cubed and I've got to say, it's awesome. Great UI/widget options and was able to grab a ton of album art. I highly recommend trying it out.

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I installed Cubed. Interesting concept, but I still think I like bTunes better.

It looks like plays in Cubed will sync back to iTunes (using iSyncr) only if you have Last.fm scrobbling turned on.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Last.FM scrobbling is for the site Last.FM. Its a social site for music

It lets your friends know what songs you listen to the most and a good way to keep track of what you listen to across multiple devices.

Super Dave

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I'll jump into the fray here with a request, hoping one of you music hounds can help me. :)

What I need is a streaming music app. However, what I need is a streaming music app that doesn't only let me select from a list of stations that it knows about - it should allow me to put in the URL for the stream I want to listen to.

Are there any apps out there that do that?

--Dave