Why don't some apps quit?

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I was using The Weather Channel app and noticed that after I exit it, with home or back, it's still running in the background. It doesn't use up any resources after I exit it UNLESS I've done the map view - then I notice in System Panel that it's using around 30% of the CPU, and that's after I've exited.

Shouldn't there be some default rules to submit your app/game to the market? Like "Hold the back button needs to kill the app"?

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The OS is designed to allow apps to run in the background for a number of reasons (most notably to allow for them to be accessible again without having to reload them into memory.)

If an app is using significant CPU in the background (like you mentioned) that is a buggy app. I would suggest checking with the developer or switching to an app that behaves.

You do not want apps to "close" on Android unless there is a very specific reason not to have them running in the background (i.e a gps tracking app that is churning away cycles when you do not need it to be). The OS will take back the resources allocated to background apps IF NEEDED.

*most* apps behave themselves when sent to the back.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't there be some default rules to submit your app/game to the market? Like "Hold the back button needs to kill the app"?
No -- see above. Search here and/or Google for info on how Android manages apps/memory/etc. This dead horse has been beaten so much there's nothing really left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan