I turned Sense UI home/launcher on my EVO 4G and replaced it with LauncherPro. The only thing I miss are the HTC widgets, in particular the Twitter and News full screen widgets.

I've tried several potential replacements, but have found none as good.

For Twitter, I'd like a full screen widget that shows both tweets from people I follow and mentions.

For news, I'd also like full screen and the ability to display articles from more than one source in the list.

Any suggestions?

06-19-2010 02:17 PM
    Newsrob is reputedly a good news app. I downloaded it, but have never really tried it because I was content with the HTC news app (I'm still using Sense).
    06-19-2010 04:05 PM
    Thanks. I tried NewsRob, but it seems to be exclusively tied to Google reader and doesn't have good widgets. I also tried Newsroom, but it only has glorified shortcuts as widgets.

I'd really like a full screen widget. If I don't find what I want, I may end up writing my own.
    06-19-2010 05:17 PM
    It would be pretty cool if you can write your own. I have a N1 and want HTC widgets i wish they made them aviliable in the market..
    06-19-2010 06:44 PM
    Beautiful Widgets makes a very nice replacement for the Sense clock. It's actually better as it lets you use downloadable skins to get the look you want.
    06-19-2010 07:51 PM