Does anyone know if Nike+ Basketball is coming to Android?!?

I just bought the shoes, and found out there isn't an app
    I love my GSIII but I reallyyyyy don't want to bring an iPod touch whenever I play... also since it doesn't allow for all of the features that say the iPhone 4s does with the shoes.

Thanks!
    07-05-2012 06:52 PM
    no one?
    07-06-2012 07:12 AM
    Does anyone know if Nike+ Basketball is coming to Android?!?

I just bought the shoes, and found out there isn't an app
    I love my GSIII but I reallyyyyy don't want to bring an iPod touch whenever I play... also since it doesn't allow for all of the features that say the iPhone 4s does with the shoes.

Thanks!
    Same here. Just got the shoes and was disappointed to find that they didn't have an Android app. Did some research into why, and the best reason I can find is that the problem is Bluetooth 4.0. The iPhone 4S has BT 4.0, which is why it doesn't need to use the 30-pin adapter that comes in the box with the Hyperdunk+ shoes. Since all other iOS mobile devices use the same 30 pin connector and the same OS, it is probably worlds easier to get things working across iOS devices like the iPod touch and iPhone 4.

This is probably one of those times where Android fragmentation is a legitimate problem, and they are probably having issue constructing a microUSB adapter that works with all the different versions of Android combined with the different versions of Bluetooth (some older Android 2.x devices only have Bluetooth 2.0, which might have A2DP but headset-only support. Newer Android devices have Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, but still may only support certain types of headsets/devices and data transfer.

Luckily, this year's crop of Android phones all use Bluetooth 4.0, so just like the iPhone 4S, they are backward compatible with older Bluetooth devices, as well as newer devices that rely on BT 4.0 due to the technology's low power consumption. At the heart of this are devices like the Sport sensors found in the Hyperdunk+ shoes, as well as other fitness devices that also rely on the smaller power consumption to work properly.

If I had to guess, Nike would probably rather wait and just release the app without users having to have an extra adapter, which should very well be the case by late summer, considering all the HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S III sales across multiple carriers, as well as Bluetooth 4.0 devices like the DROID RAZR finally starting to get Ice Cream Sandwich. Writing a program to work on one OS (Ice Cream Sandwich) is probably far easier than having to go back and create a compatible program for Froyo and Gingerbread devices that are on their way out.
    07-07-2012 09:45 PM
    Emailed them and got a pretty generic response. Sucks because I have the shoes already and I thought it would work if I just plug the sensors in the computer:

Hello,

Thank you for your emailing us in regards to the Nike+ Basketball app for the Android. I will be happy to assist you with this.

As you know, the Nike+ Basketball app is currently compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 5.1 and later). We continue to review possible technology partners for the future. I will be happy to let our development team know that you would like to see this come about. I assure you that we are listening and paying close attention. There are great things to come to Nike+ in the near future.

Thanks again. We appreciate you being an important part of the Nike+ Community, and we're always happy to take any suggestions or feedback you may have for us.

Make It Count

Travis
    Nike+ Team
    07-23-2012 01:05 PM
    my iPad is used for two reasons and two reasons alone... to make sure my web designs render correctly, and to sync my nike+ basketball sneakers.

it's incredibly annoying to not have an android app for nike+... and incredibly stupid on nike's part to close off such a large demographic.
    04-02-2013 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD