Android backup/sync program for a PC?

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I currently have my HTC Evo on back order so I'm anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. While waiting I've been wondering, is there any known and GOOD Andriod backup/sync programs for a PC to backup and restore the OS, apps, and synced data??

The reason I ask is that in my years working in the IT field, I've had to setup and do backup/restores for customers who own iPhones and having iTunes backup their entire OS and sync the data on their phones was a lifesaver! This will be my first ever smartphone, in fact only my 3rd cell phone ever as I'm upgrading from a RAZR V3xx.

Thanks everyone!

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely not looking to sync to itunes because I don't use that program or have an iPhone. I'm just looking for a PC app for android that does what iTunes does for the iPhone.

I'd really like to have things setup to where I plug the HTC Evo in to a cradle or it's usb cable, a program on that same PC then would do a full OS/app/data backup of the HTC Evo. Then if by chance I were to have to replace it, I plug a brand new, empty ETC Evo into the same PC, that I could do a full restore & sync of the backup on the PC.

For those of us in rural areas where we have spotty 2G cell service at best and our "high speed" DSL is 1mb or less, backing up online isn't the most appealing thing.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
MyBackup Pro will backup to your microsdcard. It is known to be the best backup program for Android. I haven't found a program that transfers directly to the computer for everything you want, yet. At least with MyBackup Pro, you could copy the information from the SD card to the computer. Click on the link from Superflush above to check it out.