Any app so one phone can track another in real time?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So I'm participating in a Triathlon tomorrow. I generally use CardioTrainer while I do the bike and run. I also have Google Latitude on my phone as well.

I'm looking for an app that my wife can use on her phone so she can see where I am in as close to real-time as possible. If we both need to install something, we can definitely do that.

Any suggestions?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Is Latitude not real time? I thought it was.

When I view Latitude on my PC to see where my wife is, it will say "27 minutes ago" or whatever. There is an option to Ping for a check in but that sends a notification to the phone asking if you want to check in, so that won't work...

Glympse seems to work pretty cool so I'll try that for tomorrow.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Someone mentioned Glympse to me. It's really cool. You can let others track your position but you specify how long they can see you for. Pretty cool.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Stalker much?

But seriously, backitude lets u control loc update intervals for latitude

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually life 360 is better. I just uninstalled backitude because google latitude has a mind of its own.

Make sure to log out of latitude to save battery.

With life 360 I signed up both phones as Part of the same family. You can set the auto update interval from 15 minutes to 12 hours, but either party can manually request a fresh locate of the other. M

It works great, even an iPhone client!!!

This is exactly the solution to being able to locate family members without a continuous battery drain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

backitude

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Backitude was created to help alleviate the short-comings of Google Latitude because you're right- it definitely has a mind of its own in that regard. I recommend to all my users that you set Latitude location reporting to manual ("set my location") with an arbitrary location, and let Backitude do all the updating. It allows you to completely control accuracy, intervals, and battery drain that occurs from location reporting, rather than waste it on Latitude's processing. Backitude also provides a means for automatic/seamless behind-the-scenes ping capability which is nice for that "real-time" location without constantly polling locations.

Another advantage of this solution is the Google Location history keeping, for those interested in keeping or reviewing such data. However, Glympse and 360 are good alternatives too for the main function at hand.

couldbewertz

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I thought Glympse was the answer, too. I ride my bike back and forth to work, and I wanted my wife to know where I was 1) in case I crashed, and 2) so she could have dinner ready when I walked in the door. ;-). However, my wife informed me that she could only see my location when I was on a street. When I was riding through the park, she couldn't see me. So close, yet so far.

BosseDesko

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I use LocaToWeb which is exactly for this purpose. It's a real time tracker that enables your family to follow you while riding. It also stores your tracks in an archive on locatoweb.com (LocaToWeb.com). Using the app you can be as anonymous as you like since you track under an Alias, and you can set the tracks to be private (not visible to everyone). Versions for Android, iPhone and WP8.

DavidBro

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
To the point, not long ago I've set my mind on finding smth which will help me to track my children. You know, they are so energetic! :) Moreover we want to have a trip somewhere in the summer. So my wife and I decided to watch out for them with the help of modern devices or technologies. The market is full of such service and it's hard to find not lagging system. But found only one worth application at uonmap.com. It has wide range of options, nice app. But the main thing is that it locates the phone more accurately than others. Can say that developers did a great job. Very good way of monitoring as my kids do not separate with their phones))

DavidBro

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
So I'm participating in a Triathlon tomorrow. I generally use CardioTrainer while I do the bike and run. I also have Google Latitude on my phone as well.

I'm looking for an app that my wife can use on her phone so she can see where I am in as close to real-time as possible. If we both need to install something, we can definitely do that.

Any suggestions?

To the point, not long ago I've set my mind on finding smth which will help me to track my children. You know, they are so energetic! :) Moreover we want to have a trip somewhere in the summer. So my wife and I decided to watch out for them with the help of modern devices or technologies. The market is full of such service and it's hard to find not lagging system. But found only one worth application at uonmap.com. It has wide range of options, nice app. But the main thing is that it locates the phone more accurately than others. Can say that developers did a great job. Very good way of monitoring as my kids do not separate with their phones))