I'm coming from a blackberry, and i'm looking for an app that, when plugged into a charger would, dim the screen, go to the clock dock, and set ringtones to a certain setting, similar to "Bedtime mode" on blackberry. Anybody know if anything like this exists, i can't seem to find it.
    06-21-2010 11:17 AM
    Right now I'm using an app called "Setting Profiles" which I think is $3.95 for the full version. It allows you to set multiple profiles depending on what I'm doing, where I am at, or what time of day it is. You can set a wide range of things.

For some examples, this is what I have right now:
    1. Normal: all sounds on, etc.
    2. Car Mode: All sounds on, calls automatically use the speaker phone, screen will not time out (I am assuming if I'm in the car, I'm using the charger and probably listening to music, so I don't want the screen to time out)
    3. Meeting mode: All sounds silenced, vibrate for calls and alerts. I also use this for bathroom time
    4. Night Mode: Turns on automatically between 11:30PM - 6:30AM and silences everything except incoming calls.
    5. Home: Based on location, so when I'm home, it immediately connects to my wi-fi network.

It works pretty well for the most part. I put the widget on my home screen so I can switch easily back and forth, and each profile has its own wallpaper so it's easy to tell which profile I'm in at any given time. It does not support live wallpapers though (bummer, but no big deal).

I would also like to know if there is something better to use. Specifically I would love if it if I could find something to do these items:
    • Not time out the screen if it's plugged into a charger.
    • Be able to switch my scene when I switch profiles. For example, I have a scene setup for my car that has all my "car" apps on the home screen (navigation, maps, voice dialer, music player, etc), and would love it to not only switch the sound profiles as above, but also switch the scene. As it is, I have to do two things now....1) switch my profile to "car" to get my sound and power profiles, and then 2) switch my scene to "car" to get the correct home screen.

Here's a quick tutorial that shows you some screens:
    06-21-2010 11:42 AM
    timeriffic allows you to set time based rules for specific volume levels, etc, and it is free in the market
    06-21-2010 11:47 AM
    I'm coming from a blackberry, and i'm looking for an app that, when plugged into a charger would, dim the screen, go to the clock dock, and set ringtones to a certain setting, similar to "Bedtime mode" on blackberry. Anybody know if anything like this exists, i can't seem to find it.
    You could also look at Locale.
    06-21-2010 11:56 AM
    not time out when plugged in is under the phone's settings.
    06-21-2010 12:22 PM

Profile - Android app on AppBrain

Schedule custom volume and settings profiles. Perfect for ex-BB users.

New - Notif. Icons per profile!

New - Whitelist Addon available!

New - Backup to SD card

Set Phone & Notif. Ringtones
    SMS/MMS volume!
    Turn WiFi/BT on/off
    06-21-2010 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD