09-13-2010 08:52 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    Works like a champ. Only thing I can't find is favorites. Otherwise its great. Very clear over 3G. You can adjust the ratio too.

It's SWEET.
    06-21-2010 10:59 PM
    Im super pissed and.stunned that no favorites are available. How can you possibly leave this out? I think the winmo and ipod touch software is better i expected so much more. No favs is just retarded and swiping to .last channel entered is moronic
    06-21-2010 11:15 PM
    Favorites are available. When I click the button it goes thru my favorites. I dont believe that they store on the device itself anymore, but on your laptop or desktop and are linked with your account.

I just logged into mine off my Evo, browsed around the options and found ALOT of buttons, including favorites. While the program is running, just tap the screen, and the favorites button is there
    06-21-2010 11:17 PM
    LOVING the Slingplayer so far...this was the biggest hole in my app collection since leaving Windows Mobile!! So far it looks like they have done a good job, it looks awesome over 3G. I first purchased Sling for Palm about 5 or so years ago for $30, transferred the license over to my WM device and continue to get a ton of use out of it. Would have been nice to transfer the license one more time, but this app is so good its worth paying for again.

That being said, yeah, I'm still going to see if theres a way to transfer the license and get refunded my $30
    06-21-2010 11:18 PM
    I just emailed them asking if I can switch my palm os license over. Fingers crossed
    06-21-2010 11:48 PM
    Works Great!!!. The interface is light years ahead of the iphone app I have been using on my ipad. I have a Dish 922 receiver- slingloaded and my old slingbox solo is hooked to my roku so can sling netflix. When i log in to the android app it sees both and asks me which one I want. Congrats to Slingmedia for elegant app.
    06-21-2010 11:49 PM
    Favorites are available. When I click the button it goes thru my favorites. I dont believe that they store on the device itself anymore, but on your laptop or desktop and are linked with your account.

I just logged into mine off my Evo, browsed around the options and found ALOT of buttons, including favorites. While the program is running, just tap the screen, and the favorites button is there

Please explain the exact button sequence needed because no matter what I do I see no favorites button
    06-21-2010 11:55 PM
    Please explain the exact button sequence needed because no matter what I do I see no favorites button
    Yes I would like to know of this button you speak of.
    06-21-2010 11:59 PM
    I just tried it out and I'm loving it! It connects really fast, the UI and controls are simple and intuitive, and the video quality looks great on the 4.3" screen. The volume could be a little bit louder, but I guess I can use earphones to fix that.

Now I might have to order myself a 3500 mAh battery for those long road trips.
    06-21-2010 11:59 PM
    Been playing with this for over an hour on my EVO and gotta say it's pretty excellent. Posted some detailed comments over on the Engadget story. I was pretty pissed that Sling never came through with the WebOS version of SlingPlayer Mobile but a year later I'm very happy with what I have on the EVO
    06-22-2010 12:02 AM
    I never used the favorites much anyway, I'm just happy I didn't have to program the damn skip button for once! Personally I find the new control layout to be excellent, as well as the picture quality and sound sync. I've tried it over 3G and WiFi on my EVO and this is easily the best Sling Mobile presentation I've used (PalmOS and WinMob before). Looks like we have to buy it again since its only available in the Market and not as a download app to buy in the Sling store, but personally based on what I've seen over the last hour and a half I'm OK with repurchasing, I won't be refunding tomorrow

Looking forward to testing over 4G tomorrow at my office (my house has no 4G signal in downtown Chicago, but my office 8/10's of a mile away has great signal). I have really strong 3G signal at the house and was very surprised how good the playback quality was. If you have a SlingBox and an Android device this app is a no brainer.
    06-22-2010 12:07 AM
    I just downloaded Slingplayer and it works like a champ! The interface is very good! My Droid Incredible picture looks awesome with my Pro-HD slingbox and my Direct TV HD/DVR box. Funny thing is that the 3G quality looks better than the WiFi!! I'm sooo happy!!
    06-22-2010 01:43 AM
    Awesome to see that Slingplayer has arrived!! Out of the box, it works pretty darn well Id have to say for a version 1.0 release. Like they advertised, it loads quickly, the buffer time is pretty fast overall and the controls they've added to control your DVR are much better than other previous mobile versions Ive used. Motion is also very smooth.

Could use some additional features like the ability to tweak audio/video quality like in windows mobile versions as well as an audio only option (good for some sports broadcasts and audio channels). Slingplayer also currently doesn't support HDMI output on the Evo 4G I was unhappy to discover tonight

Still, all in all, definitely worth the 30 bucks if you own a slingbox!
    06-22-2010 02:18 AM
    In case anyone was wondering, this version of Slingplayer does not support HDMI output on our EVOs
    06-22-2010 02:23 AM
    sucks that I couldn't transfer my license again, but its cool... I can sell my wm license to my buddy with a HD2.... and I miss my favorites, but the picture quality is good, and that's all that really matters...
    06-22-2010 02:43 AM
    Once your slingplayer loads up and video is on the screen, tap the screen itself, and a grid should show up with ALOT of buttons..Favorites is on there along with Guide, List, Volume up and down..Mute, Channel up and down..Power on/off, Menu...settings...PiP etc
    06-22-2010 04:31 AM
    Is anyone using this with a Slingbox Classic?

Sling says it requires a Solo or Pro, but I'm hoping I don't have to upgrade...
    06-22-2010 06:23 AM
    Just downloaded it about 30 minutes ago. Getting used to the different interface (had it on Palm T/X, then on iPod Touch). I bought it because I want to be able to watch my TV whereever I go... not limited to hotspots. I am very happy with it so far. BTW I have a Slingbox A/V.
    06-22-2010 07:12 AM
    Has any one used both 3G and 4G with the App? I know it should look and work good with Wifi... but curious with 3G and 4G.. thanks
    06-22-2010 07:34 AM
    Is anyone using this with a Slingbox Classic?

Sling says it requires a Solo or Pro, but I'm hoping I don't have to upgrade...
    I'm using it with a sling av... sling says its not supported, but it works just fine... my guess is your classic will work...
    06-22-2010 07:36 AM
    Has any one used both 3G and 4G with the App? I know it should look and work good with Wifi... but curious with 3G and 4G.. thanks
    Nice and clear on 3g. I do not have 4g YET!
    06-22-2010 07:47 AM
    In case anyone was wondering, this version of Slingplayer does not support HDMI output on our EVOs
    Does anyone know if this will work in the future? Sure would be nice to plug into the bigger screen at tailgates. No more lugging the sat dish around.
    06-22-2010 07:49 AM
    I have never used this, i have Comcast cable, is there something I need to buy other than the app?
    06-22-2010 07:50 AM
    You need a slingbox to use this software, buy it at besybuy ext.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    06-22-2010 08:11 AM
    How did you get a Slingbox AV to work. I have 2 AV's and it says not supported and I have no picture when I try. Any help would be appreciated.

Just downloaded it about 30 minutes ago. Getting used to the different interface (had it on Palm T/X, then on iPod Touch). I bought it because I want to be able to watch my TV whereever I go... not limited to hotspots. I am very happy with it so far. BTW I have a Slingbox A/V.
    06-22-2010 08:28 AM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD