09-13-2010 08:52 PM
123 12345
tools
    Can someone post the link. I cant find it on market.
    06-22-2010 08:30 AM
    Did you make any changes ?? I have a AV and it says not supported and will not work.

I'm using it with a sling av... sling says its not supported, but it works just fine... my guess is your classic will work...
    06-22-2010 08:31 AM
    sucks that I couldn't transfer my license again, but its cool... I can sell my wm license to my buddy with a HD2.... and I miss my favorites, but the picture quality is good, and that's all that really matters...
    Did you check with Sling Customer Service about license transfer already? Is that firm that we can't use the existing Slingplayer Mobile license for this?

I emailed them this morning, but no reply yet.
    06-22-2010 08:31 AM
    I've never used slingbox before. Can you get a live feed or do you have to dvr a program first? Wanted to know how this would affect live sporting events.
    06-22-2010 08:39 AM
    Bummer, my Slingbox PRO is not displaying full screen on the EVO...... HD DVR Box through my component hook up..... Still have bars on all sides no matter what setting I use...
    06-22-2010 08:42 AM
    F-that football season is right around the corner...
    That is just sad.. I really really feel for you if you have to watch football games on the Evo. I will stick with my 65" TV in Hi-Def thanks! ii
    06-22-2010 08:45 AM
    That is just sad.. I really really feel for you if you have to watch football games on the Evo. I will stick with my 65" TV in Hi-Def thanks! ii
    Well obviously everyone would choose their regular tv but if you're not at home (at church, grocery store, etc) it's a nice option to have.
    06-22-2010 08:48 AM
    I have slingbox classic with dish and it works great.
    06-22-2010 08:53 AM
    In case anyone was wondering, this version of Slingplayer does not support HDMI output on our EVOs

THAT sucks!!! If I were to consider it again that would be one thing I would want. Take the phone to a friends house and watch stuff. Not that I would probably use it much but still.

Don't get me wrong, I may get a SB in the future but only if it goes on sale big time. It is just not worth $300 for the box then another $30 for this software for the very few times that I personally would use it. I can see you guys getting this if you use it a LOT, I guess it is worth it more then.

I am happy to hear that the Android version works well though. I still think it should be free or maybe $10.

I am going to start playing with Orb again. I used to use that on my PalmOS devices and the Pre over the web interface, worked well and is free. There is an Android version to control it directly. This is a good option for me since I have an HTPC I leave on 24/7/
    06-22-2010 09:00 AM
    Bummer, my Slingbox PRO is not displaying full screen on the EVO...... HD DVR Box through my component hook up..... Still have bars on all sides no matter what setting I use...
    Hit menu, there is an "aspect" option where you have choices.
    06-22-2010 09:01 AM
    Is anyone else's skipping real bad?
    06-22-2010 09:03 AM
    will a slingbox work with my windows 7 desktop?
    06-22-2010 09:32 AM
    Well obviously everyone would choose their regular tv but if you're not at home (at church, grocery store, etc) it's a nice option to have.
    I know man, I was just busting your boys. ii
    Having TV available no matter where you go is a GREAT thing!
    06-22-2010 09:32 AM
    I just called SlingBox support (1-877-467-5464), to find out if I could transfer my Palm Treo SlingPlayer registration to my Evo. (If you call, choose the Tech Support Option, then SlingPlayer for Mobile).

The answer was "No".

The reason was somewhat of a blur, but along the lines of: the app is sold through the market, they are not authorized to sell it (SlingPlayer for Android), and there are no plans for that to change, etc.

I loved the app on my Treo 755p, I'm definitely going to love it on my Evo, given that, I don't mind paying another $30 to purchase for my Evo.
    06-22-2010 09:46 AM
    I've never used slingbox before. Can you get a live feed or do you have to dvr a program first? Wanted to know how this would affect live sporting events.
    Yes, you can get live feed from your home cable box, satellite dish, or from antenna (SlingHD). Whatever you can watch at home, can be streamed/transfer to the Slingplayer on your Android, even changing channels, watching dvr, etc.
    marko358 likes this.
    06-22-2010 09:47 AM
    I just called SlingBox support (1-877-467-5464), to find out if I could transfer my Palm Treo SlingPlayer registration to my Evo. (If you call, choose the Tech Support Option, then SlingPlayer for Mobile).

The answer was "No".

The reason was somewhat of a blur, but along the lines of: the app is sold through the market, they are not authorized to sell it (SlingPlayer for Android), and there are no plans for that to change, etc.

I loved the app on my Treo 755p, I'm definitely going to love it on my Evo, given that, I don't mind paying another $30 to purchase for my Evo.
    That's the same BS they said about iPhone. When I tried to transfer my Windows Mobile license to iPhone, they said because they don't control the Apple App Store, so they can't transfer the license. They are doing the same for the Android Market now.. What a bunch BS... Guess we just have to suck it up and pay for another $30!!
    06-22-2010 09:49 AM
    yes. Just download Slingplayer for Windows.
    06-22-2010 10:02 AM
    Anyone knows if you can purchase one license of Slingplayer for Android and share between two phones? Both me and my wife has EVO 4G, and if I can save on one license fee, that would be best. Thanks!
    06-22-2010 10:03 AM
    yes. Just download Slingplayer for Windows.
    awesome. thank you.
    06-22-2010 10:24 AM
    How is everyones playback quality over 3g?
    06-22-2010 11:08 AM
    Anyone knows if you can purchase one license of Slingplayer for Android and share between two phones? Both me and my wife has EVO 4G, and if I can save on one license fee, that would be best. Thanks!
    how would you get the file to her phone? wouldn't she have to go through the purchase process in order to get the file? My guess is one license per phone, but best of luck.
    06-22-2010 11:36 AM
    Also just called Sling... confirmed that you cannot transfer an existing license to the Sling for Android..
    06-22-2010 11:46 AM
    Can someone post the link. I cant find it on market.
    Do a search for "Slingplayer" in the Android Market app and it should come up.

If still no dice, here's the link...

SlingPlayer Mobile - Android app on AppBrain

Or here...

http://www.slingbox.com/go/android
    06-22-2010 12:01 PM
    Watching football at church on your phone... simply outstanding. "TOUCHDOWWWWWWWWN!!!!! ...oh, sorry Reverend..."
    06-22-2010 12:02 PM
    Threads merged.
    06-22-2010 12:16 PM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD