Sling Player/6-22

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well obviously everyone would choose their regular tv but if you're not at home (at church, grocery store, etc) it's a nice option to have.

I know man, I was just busting your boys. i:Di
Having TV available no matter where you go is a GREAT thing!

cyberbec#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just called SlingBox support (1-877-467-5464), to find out if I could transfer my Palm Treo SlingPlayer registration to my Evo. (If you call, choose the Tech Support Option, then SlingPlayer for Mobile).

The answer was "No".

The reason was somewhat of a blur, but along the lines of: the app is sold through the market, they are not authorized to sell it (SlingPlayer for Android), and there are no plans for that to change, etc.

I loved the app on my Treo 755p, I'm definitely going to love it on my Evo, given that, I don't mind paying another $30 to purchase for my Evo.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've never used slingbox before. Can you get a live feed or do you have to dvr a program first? Wanted to know how this would affect live sporting events.

Yes, you can get live feed from your home cable box, satellite dish, or from antenna (SlingHD). Whatever you can watch at home, can be streamed/transfer to the Slingplayer on your Android, even changing channels, watching dvr, etc.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just called SlingBox support (1-877-467-5464), to find out if I could transfer my Palm Treo SlingPlayer registration to my Evo. (If you call, choose the Tech Support Option, then SlingPlayer for Mobile).

The answer was "No".

The reason was somewhat of a blur, but along the lines of: the app is sold through the market, they are not authorized to sell it (SlingPlayer for Android), and there are no plans for that to change, etc.

I loved the app on my Treo 755p, I'm definitely going to love it on my Evo, given that, I don't mind paying another $30 to purchase for my Evo.

That's the same BS they said about iPhone. When I tried to transfer my Windows Mobile license to iPhone, they said because they don't control the Apple App Store, so they can't transfer the license. They are doing the same for the Android Market now.. What a bunch BS... Guess we just have to suck it up and pay for another $30!!

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone knows if you can purchase one license of Slingplayer for Android and share between two phones? Both me and my wife has EVO 4G, and if I can save on one license fee, that would be best. Thanks!

Ommegasis

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone knows if you can purchase one license of Slingplayer for Android and share between two phones? Both me and my wife has EVO 4G, and if I can save on one license fee, that would be best. Thanks!

how would you get the file to her phone? wouldn't she have to go through the purchase process in order to get the file? My guess is one license per phone, but best of luck.

CPAIGLESIAS

May 14, 2010
Visit site
how would you get the file to her phone? wouldn't she have to go through the purchase process in order to get the file? My guess is one license per phone, but best of luck.

Maybe if you login to your gmail account on her phone then go to market, downloads, it should show up there as purchased. Then download it?

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This is great news! I purchased and installed this morning and it's working great over Sprints 3g network on my EVO.

knives of ice

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Once your slingplayer loads up and video is on the screen, tap the screen itself, and a grid should show up with ALOT of buttons..Favorites is on there along with Guide, List, Volume up and down..Mute, Channel up and down..Power on/off, Menu...settings...PiP etc

that is how it was on winmo and the ipod version but there is absolutely no favorites button in android. do you actually have the app? then please take a screenshot because 100% there is no favorites button with channel logos to be seen.

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
that is how it was on winmo and the ipod version but there is absolutely no favorites button in android. do you actually have the app? then please take a screenshot because 100% there is no favorites button with channel logos to be seen.

Yep I don't see a favorites menu either native to the slingplayer itself. If you swipe backwards however it will let you access the "Recent" menu, the last few channels you visited. Also, swiping up and down changes the channels up and down respectively.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital