Sling Player/6-22

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
how would you get the file to her phone? wouldn't she have to go through the purchase process in order to get the file? My guess is one license per phone, but best of luck.

I think you are right. on my iPhone, we can share the same apps, by using the same Apple Store account to install on both phones. But on Android it may be different. Each phone has it's own account. Really sucks..

**just found this link, maybe I Just need to login to her phone with my Google account and reinstall? http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=113410

Last edited:

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
wouldn't it just reset the device when you then log out on her phone so she can log in with her google account?

it seems rediculous for a household with multiple android phones to have to pay $30 per phone to use their home slingbox.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
that is how it was on winmo and the ipod version but there is absolutely no favorites button in android. do you actually have the app? then please take a screenshot because 100% there is no favorites button with channel logos to be seen.

You are correct. There is one single button that says favorites which cycles thru your favorites that's what
I was trying to say. There is no way to see multiple icons
. Hitting this single favorites button scrolls thru the stations I have set up on my desktop version

dutchman71

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. I really am a little disappointed with the picture quality. I have a good connection at home but the picture on 3G is pretty lame. I have a Slingbox PRO hooked up to my HD Cable PVR through component. I can't even get it to go full screen with the aspect options.

My first generation Slingbox actually gave me a better picture years ago.

BassGear

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. I really am a little disappointed with the picture quality. I have a good connection at home but the picture on 3G is pretty lame. I have a Slingbox PRO hooked up to my HD Cable PVR through component. I can't even get it to go full screen with the aspect options.

My first generation Slingbox actually gave me a better picture years ago.

Strange, my Direct TV HD/DVR over 3G with my Incredible is displaying an unbelievably clean picture! Full screen is amazing!

tsailor1

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have Slingbox Av which seems to work pretty good with this mobile App. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that could save them lots of money. I subscribe to a website called android playground. They have lots of paid apps that you can download right to your phone. Anyway for $10 a year you can download as many paid apps as you want. They just updated there listing last night and Slingplayer is available to download. Its alot cheaper to get it from android playground and you get lots of other paid apps to go along with it.

Look it up. www.androidplayground.com

tsailor1

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have Slingbox Av which seems to work pretty good with this mobile App. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that could save them lots of money. I subscribe to a website called android playground. They have lots of paid apps that you can download right to your phone. Anyway for $10 a year you can download as many paid apps as you want. They just updated there listing last night and Slingplayer is available to download. Its alot cheaper to get it from android playground and you get lots of other paid apps to go along with it.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Strange, my Direct TV HD/DVR over 3G with my Incredible is displaying an unbelievably clean picture! Full screen is amazing!

Agreed, I have great picture and full screen. For as long as I have waited $30 isn't too bad. My only complaint are the layout of the controls (ie channel up, down, etc). Sling needs to work on that.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I am new to Android but I already see them spamming almost every app review with this sites S&^%! I guess you are one of the people that help them spam them, good work! So we have to have it here now as well?

I am not a lawyer and I don't know for sure but I don't think this is legal to do.

Even if it is I would rather just buy my apps the right way allowing the developers the money directly as they deserve! I think I already spent over $30 for apps and am glad I did. Why would I want to give it to you?

I wish the market would just ban any posts for this. If that is legit for some reason, it is still annoying!

As for the SB app, I personally think they are charging WAY to much for that. I do understand that there are no montly fees so that is a plus but they make a ton of money off the $300 device, that app should be no more than $10 because the entire reason to buy that box for some is to sling it to a mobile device!

This is IMHO of course! i:Di

Last edited:

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a Slingbox AV that I can connect to my Tivo HD (via the composite output), but the output is squished horizontally because it is going from widesreen to standard def.

Does the Andorid player expand it back out? I have heard that it does this for the Solo with an HD connection.

knives of ice

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You are correct. There is one single button that says favorites which cycles thru your favorites that's what
I was trying to say. There is no way to see multiple icons
. Hitting this single favorites button scrolls thru the stations I have set up on my desktop version

where is your favorites button then? by all accounts on every forum it does not exist. there is no FAVORITES button. now, the keypad does keep track of channels you have entered numerically but that is it. no favorites button is to be found anywhere on the android version. if you have one please post a screenshot.

cyberbec#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
@knives_of_ice - if you can explain to me how to include a screenshot, I will post one that shows the Favorites button...

(I know how to get the screenshot, I just don't know how to include the image in a post)

cyberbec#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot showing Favorites button

tmp3.JPG

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow cyberbec,

How do you get that menu? On my EVO, I just get "Channel Up", "Channel Down", "Last Channel" and "Clear".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084