Does anyone know how to share a place using Google Maps for Android for Honeycomb Tablets?
    I'm using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and I've pulled up a location on a map.
    I would like to share and send this location to a someone, but I don't see an option to do so.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-2012 10:27 AM
    Long Press--->Share This Place
    07-12-2012 10:36 AM
    I tried to long press, but that didn't work.
    I'm running the latest version of Google Maps 6.9.0

I did notice that "Share This Place" is listed as an option if you enter the actual address in the Search field.
    If I search for a business name or place in the Search field, it will locate that place and map it for me along with an address.
    Ufortunately, "Share This Place" is not listed as an option.
    I wonder if this is some type of bug?

07-12-2012 10:39 PM
    When you tap on a business/named location, or longpress on an unnamed location, a bubble button should pop up. Tapping that button gives you all kinds of options like Share/Street View/Directions etc..
    07-13-2012 08:57 AM
    When you tap on a business/named location, or longpress on an unnamed location, a bubble button should pop up. Tapping that button gives you all kinds of options like Share/Street View/Directions etc..
    This only works if you search the business by address location, or if the location is opened in the maps application by clicking on the link from the browser or another application.
    Here is an example... Type "BestBuy" in the search box of the maps application. You will be presented with several locations to choose from.
    You will then choose a location. Pressing the business name will open a popup window, but there will not be an option to share, unlike other times.

I don't have this issue on my Android phone. Only seems to be an issue on my Android tablet.

07-15-2012 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD