Anyone know of an app that will simply turn off WiFi if you are not connected to a network for X minutes? I tried Y5 battery saver, but can't help but think it is draining my battery bc it has to keep checking my location, checking for remembered networks. Thanks
    06-22-2010 10:04 PM
    Settings Profile allows you to set your wifi as a "location" and once you leave the range of your wifi, it turns it off. Gota turn it back on manually though cause checking your GPS location will consume more battery/power. They have a lite version in the market.
    06-22-2010 10:54 PM
    Anyone know of an app that will simply turn off WiFi if you are not connected to a network for X minutes? I tried Y5 battery saver, but can't help but think it is draining my battery bc it has to keep checking my location, checking for remembered networks. Thanks
    Y5 does not drain your battery.
    06-23-2010 07:53 AM
    But doesn't it have to check your location? How does it know when to turn wifi back on?
    06-23-2010 08:04 AM
    Not sure why no one seems to go to the horse's mouth for info. I highly recommend learning to fish with Google (I know nothing about Y5).

http://y5.polidea.pl/&sa=U&ei=bRIiTJ...aXWA9bXSYab0iQ
    06-23-2010 08:56 AM
    Y5 works pretty well.
    I do find wifi on at times, when I am say, in the middle of a cornfield, or driving down the interstate but usually works as advertised.
    06-27-2010 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD