Change of email

Jellyrolls

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a way to transfer everything from my old email account to my new? Such as apps I've already bought? I had to change gmail accounts because I've graduated school therefore I can no longer use that email. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Why do you have to change Gmail accounts just because you Graduated?

This is almost totally a Google Account issue, and nothing to do with Android.
See THIS PAGE
and also THIS PAGE, both from google help

Jellyrolls

May 1, 2011
Visit site
My school has some kind of thing linking with gmail, only its not @gmail.com. its ut.utm.edu

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh your school probably is using Google Apps. I use that so I can have my own domain address (@myname.com) instead of gmail's (@gmail.com) but it's still gmail functionality. Most businesses that use Google for their email would do that.

When I switched my gmail account, I had to re-buy everything. No way to migrate it that I could find, but that was over a year ago....maybe you'll have better luck.

Jellyrolls

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh your school probably is using Google Apps. I use that so I can have my own domain address (@myname.com) instead of gmail's (@gmail.com) but it's still gmail functionality. Most businesses that use Google for their email would do that.

When I switched my gmail account, I had to re-buy everything. No way to migrate it that I could find, but that was over a year ago....maybe you'll have better luck.

I called Google and they said I couldn't migrate them. Thanks for the replies though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969