I have been using tomtom gps for a very long time on windows mobile 5 and 6 and then apple iOS but now I have a galaxy nexus. I look around a bit and I did not see any really good map programs in the android store, so I am looking for some suggestions.

-Must have off line maps for places with bad cell coverage.

I am aware of offline maps in jellybean but I want a really good alternative just in case because I am fairly sure I'm not going to plan ahead all the time.
    07-14-2012 07:02 PM
    ICS has offline maps in Google Navigator. You pick the area you want and download it before your trip.
    07-14-2012 07:55 PM
    Have you tried MapsWithMe?
    john traveller likes this.
    07-15-2012 01:47 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't appear to have address search for turn by turn navigation. Without that I don't really see the point.

Navfree seems to have some horrible reviews in the store but it does have those features so I guess I'll check that out
    07-15-2012 06:09 AM
    I have been testing this one out and it seems to work pretty well so far:
    Sygic | GPS navigation for smart phones
    07-15-2012 06:26 AM
    Google maps has offline capability. You download them in the service area to have if you go outside service

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Android Central Forums
    07-15-2012 06:26 AM
    I have been testing this one out and it seems to work pretty well so far:
    Sygic | GPS navigation for smart phones
    Thanks that looks like a really good suggestion and I will check it out.
    07-15-2012 06:38 AM
    Must have off line maps for places with bad cell coverage.
    I am keeping my old Garmin in the trunk of the car for emergencies like that.
    07-15-2012 09:16 AM
    I am keeping my old Garmin in the trunk of the car for emergencies like that.
    I have to travel for work so I really appreciate not having to carry another electronics brick when the phone I carry can do this. But we have uncovered a couple of good options I wasn't aware of thank you.
    07-15-2012 10:17 AM
    When offline, mainly for travelling I use MapsWithMe.
    Few weeks ago bought Pro version, now I have even offline search)

"I am fairly sure I'm not going to plan ahead all the time" +1 )
    03-14-2013 08:41 AM
    For a year or more I'm a fan of MapsWithMe.
    No navigation(( But GPS positioning works well and has not only cities but roads *** well. Actually the whole country map.
    03-19-2013 05:08 AM
    I have used CoPilot GPS for some time. Great cos the maps are preloaded. Navigation is good. You have the option for active traffic, extra yearly subscription 9.99. This is useful if you drive a lot as it will give alternative route. Al in all its a fully featured GPS prog. Check it out.
    03-19-2013 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD