New Android user here . . .

I have the stock email app to notify me of new emails. However it doesn't seem to be working. I've sent test emails to my email address and never get notified that I receive new emails. Not sure if it's supposed to show in 'notifications' and/or show a number on the icon. It's set to check for new email every five minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

Running Jelly Bean with a Google Nexus if that helps.
    07-15-2012 10:14 PM
    I'm running ICS on a Vivid and I get notifications - the envelope icon in the status bar plus on the notification page. There are 3 setting choices for notification in the JB stock app, right? I can't remember.

As for a counter, the stock app doesn't do that AFAIK. Perhaps there's a 3rd party add-on that can.
    07-16-2012 06:22 AM
    I'm running ICS on my Sprint GNex and Mail notification work for me, both with the GMail app, and with the Mail app (I have an IMAP account set up).

It doesn't show an number on the app icon (my HTC Evo 3D did this), instead it gives you a notification in the notification bar up top.

Is your account set up properly? Can you send and receive? Are notifications turned on in the Mail settings?
    07-16-2012 01:57 PM
    There are 3 setting choices for notification in the JB stock app, right? I can't remember. .
    Are you referring to Email Notification, Choose Ringtone, and Vibrate?

Is your account set up properly? Can you send and receive? Are notifications turned on in the Mail settings?
    I can send and receive emails (just don't get the notification in the System Bar). Yes the notifications setting is turned on.

The email account in question is a sbcglobal.net address (Yahoo!) if that matters.
    07-16-2012 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD