I'm new to Android (Evo about 2 weeks) and really like it. I'm coming from a Palm Treo (Palm OS) and there's a few things I really miss -- I've searched some here but can't find what I'm after.

1. The Palm synced Outlook notes/memos (don't really care about to do/tasks). I use HTC Sync to do calendar and Contacts, but miss making memos on either platform and syncing back and forth. Is there an app for that?

2. When I picked the Treo up from the desk and turned it on, an opening screen before I even unlocked it, there was a screen that would tell me that I had 2 voice messages, 3 text messages and 4 missed calls. I know I can get notifications, but I'm not sure notifications does all that. Yes, there's a load of icons at the top if the screen, but I always found it helpful to know there were 2 voice mails or 1 text message, etc. Is there an app for that?
    06-23-2010 07:23 PM
    I don't have all the answers for you, but have one suggestion. Go to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and try some searches for what you're looking for. You might find something. If you do, please post here.

On emails, if you're using HTC Mail to sync outlook, the icon will show the number of unread messsages. For Gmail, you can get a widget from the market called Gmail Unread Count that will do the same thing. Not quite what you're looking for, but useful.

In the HTC Mail and Gmail apps, there's a notification setting you can configure to show new email notifications in the notification bar and drop down (but not how many).

HTH,
    tromba likes this.
    06-23-2010 08:45 PM
    I don't have all the answers for you, but have one suggestion. Go to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and try some searches for what you're looking for. You might find something. If you do, please post here.
    Pretty sure I've been there but don't specifically recall. I know I've been to Androidapplications and the Market on the phone. Part of the difficulty for me is refining searches. I can search for memos or notes or Outlook, but can't refine any of those once I get some results. (if that explanation makes sense)
    On emails, if you're using HTC Mail to sync outlook, the icon will show the number of unread messsages. For Gmail, you can get a widget from the market called Gmail Unread Count that will do the same thing. Not quite what you're looking for, but useful.
    As far as I can tell, HTC sync ONLY does contacts and calendar -- nothing with mail. I'm using standard mail app for that.
    In the HTC Mail and Gmail apps, there's a notification setting you can configure to show new email notifications in the notification bar and drop down (but not how many).
    That I didn't know.... I'll check that out. Thanks.
    06-23-2010 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD