New to Android (Evo about two weeks) and I can't figure out how to find apps. For example, I don't like the default mail app, and K-9 didn't do the job for me. If I go to the Market and search for Mail, I get 937 results!!! SECOND on the list is Smart Keyboard Pro! FIFTH is Pinball!! There's also SexyGirl and BigChest!!! Is there any way to search for Mail apps that actually ARE MAIL apps??

Wasn't much better at Appbrain. 101 pages of results, most pages with 10 apps per page.

I've gotten best results from searching here on the forums, but I figure I've GOT to be missing how to actually do this in the Market or a website.

Am I?
    06-23-2010 09:43 PM
    I suggest using "email" instead of "mail".
    Also, if you go to AppBrain, search for K-9 and once you are on K-9's page, look at the right hand side. You will see similar apps listed. Open them in new tabs and if they are not what you are looking for, try the similar apps for each one of them.

Confused yet? lol

At least that's how I find apps. Hope this helps.
    tromba likes this.
    06-24-2010 08:34 AM
    App reviews on forum sites. AppBrain helps IMO but I don't recommend just browsing the Market unless you enjoy sifting through apps.
    tromba likes this.
    06-24-2010 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the replies!!

I guess the maker of Android should consult with a leading search engine company and see if they can't come up with a better way to search for things!!!
    06-24-2010 10:09 AM
    appbrain rocks!
    06-24-2010 10:16 AM
    I sometimes search with google from my PC.

For example: if I wanna search for an email program, I search "email apps for android" and search through sites. I find it to be much easier since some sites might even list a few and even have a QR cbarcode for you to scan.

Don't know if that's weird but it works for me sometimes.
    06-24-2010 10:19 AM
    AppBrain
    Android Market by doubleTwist
    AndroLib

Here's a few places you can do some searches from. And you can scan the barcode of an app with Google Goggles to get a direct link to the app in the Android Market.
    06-26-2010 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD