08-08-2010 03:07 PM
35 12
tools
    over at droid-life.com under their downloads page there is a link to get the multi-touch keyboard from the upcoming droidx. i have it on my moto droid and it works flawlessly. awesome work to whoever did the leg work
    Argent likes this.
    06-24-2010 02:54 PM
    Download: Multi-Touch Keyboard from DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Multitouch keyboard for the Dinc! By the way, download this one that I'm attaching as a QR code. The other one shows the & symbol as &amp. The one I am posting has that issue fixed. This works flawlessly on the Incredible as well.
    mr.saving, willxcore and kaivorb like this.
    06-24-2010 03:36 PM
    Showed this to my Moto Droid friend - he's in love with the new keyboard

I'll keep my Swype for now
    06-24-2010 03:44 PM
    does the swype.apk for Droid X use the same keyboard?
    06-24-2010 04:09 PM
    fyi, no go with the Swype.apk from Droid X. Force closes each time.
    06-24-2010 04:22 PM
    I have been using Swype since I got my Inc. It recently started freezing my entire phone, and unfortunately I had to stop using it.

This keyboard isn't the greatest, but it's pretty cool for what it is.
    06-24-2010 04:32 PM
    Works for me but I have gotten so used to stock keyboard that I may have to switch back to stock. Booooo.
    06-24-2010 05:04 PM
    downloading.... LOVE IT!
    06-24-2010 05:57 PM
    Tried this out and wasnt a huge fan. Went back to the stock keyboard for now.
    06-24-2010 06:02 PM
    Very simple to Install. Don't be afraid if you want to give it a try.

IMHO it is a slight improvement over the stock Moto Droid keyboard. My favorite keyboard, so far, is Slide-IT...even over Swype(beta). Slide-IT seems to be more accurate for me and I don't like having to "swirl" over double letters.
    06-24-2010 06:05 PM
    hmm, not too bad. It does appear to be a little more accurate than HTC IME keyboard and I didn't seem to have the spacebar issue with the new multitouch keyboard.

Only thing I found so far that could definitely be improved would be if it put a space after a comma. Also not sure I like having to push the period twice to get a comma, not the worst thing in the world and probably wouldn't mind if it spaced afterwards, but as you can probably tell - I like commas
    06-24-2010 07:33 PM
    Download: Multi-Touch Keyboard from DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Multitouch keyboard for the Dinc! By the way, download this one that I'm attaching as a QR code. The other one shows the & symbol as &amp. The one I am posting has that issue fixed. This works flawlessly on the Incredible as well.
    The haptic/vibrate doesn't work on this one either (or the earlier release), I think I like this layout better, but I sorta like having the feedback when I'm typing...
    (And thanks for posting!!)
    06-24-2010 08:53 PM
    Force Close loop for me.... oh well. Better Keyboard works lovely for me.
    06-24-2010 09:13 PM
    Wow.really like this. My typing with it is much more accurate than with the stock dinc keyboard. Only wish it had a button to hide it. That was a pretty good function...
    06-25-2010 06:30 AM
    This keyboard is working fairly well on my Moto Droid. It's not perfect, though. The haptic feedback doesn't work correctly (which doesn't matter to me because I don't use it anyway). Also, if I place a quotation mark after a space, it will flip them and have the quotation mark first, followed by the space. If I delete it and then retype it, it is correct the second time around. Must be some sort of auto-correct bug.

The aim for the keys is a bit different than the stock Droid software keyboard. I find that I have to aim a bit higher for each key. It takes a bit of adjustment, but I think I like it better than the original. The multi-touch is really nice for rapid typing and I like the layout better than stock.

-SR-
    06-25-2010 07:47 AM
    The haptic/vibrate doesn't work on this one either (or the earlier release), I think I like this layout better, but I sorta like having the feedback when I'm typing...
    (And thanks for posting!!)

I know it doesn't. That's why I said it only has the &amp issue fixed. I type with or without the haptic feedback so that doesn't really bother me although I do prefer it.

Now, I wish my computer was smart enough to correct my spelling as I typed...
    06-25-2010 09:34 AM
    I just can't stop using Swype, since I got the beta download a couple weeks ago it's been working great. I'll download this one just to see what it's like but I'll probably stick with Swype unless this one really blows me away.
    06-25-2010 09:46 AM
    same here except swype
    06-25-2010 12:48 PM
    same here except swype
    This doesn't work yet for Froyo users, just 2.1 ATM.
    06-25-2010 12:53 PM
    This doesn't work yet for Froyo users, just 2.1 ATM.
    Makes sense, Droid X is still 2.1
    06-25-2010 12:58 PM
    I started using shapewriter. it works pretty well too.

What is the benefit of the multi touch keyboard?
    06-25-2010 03:54 PM
    just wondering, when I'm going to install it says it's going to replace an application... will this replace the stock keyboard? I also have Swype installed. Using Droid 2.1
    06-26-2010 12:15 AM
    ive deleted better keyboard right off my droid, this droid x keyboard is fantastic!! love it!!!
    06-26-2010 09:13 AM
    I have smart keyboard, the droid x and swype - liking the droid x one the best right now (I guess I am too slow for Swype -it is frustrating to me since I am a visual ******, not a true QWERTY typer)
    06-26-2010 12:02 PM
    I like it, but the hide keyboard option on stock evo was nice and I used it all the time.
    06-26-2010 07:00 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD