Hi everybody,

I would like to present you my new app. If like me you forgot everything, I'm sure you will enjoyed it

It's called Goldfish Memory, so the goal is quite obvious It's a todo list, but a todo list mostly based on the location. I've noticed that when I've something to do, I know where to do it (at home, work, when leaving the subway, etc.) most than when to do it.

So with Goldfish Memory, when you create a new task you can set it a place and when you arrive at this place, you will receive an alert that you have something to do, whatever the time. Next, you can ask to be alerted again in 5 minutes or the next time you will come back to this place. It's quite simple and you can set any address you want.

As it's a todo list you can also simply define a date and hour at when you want to be alerted. If you combine both date and location, you will only be alerted when you arrived at the defined location, the day you've setted or, at the latest, at the hour defined.

It's a nice and simple app and I've just finished it so I would be happy if people try it and more if people like it ! Don't hesitate to give feedback (goods or bads) !

The app doesn't use GPS (too slow, not battery-friendly), only network location. The algorithm adapt itself to the current accuracy (which vary a lot) in order to find when to trigger a task. So don't worry, it will not drain your battery and it will work even inside buildings or underground.

The next fonctionnalities I've planned to implement are :
    - synchronisation with some online todo list services (Google Tasks, RTM, etc...)
    - add action buttons directly in the notification on Jelly Bean
    - the possibility to repeat a task every days/weeks/months
    - improve the algorithm for triggering a location-based task using the speed
    - and more !

If you have other ideas, I would be glad to hear them.

It's free and on the Play Store so, if you are interested, you can try it now : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urmob.geotasks

07-21-2012 02:07 PM
    Thank you ! Waiting for your feedback !
    07-23-2012 10:10 AM
    This looks great I'll try it out today evening!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 10:14 AM
    Thanks. Is everything working well ?

I've planned a new release for the end of the week, with buttons directly in notification for Jelly Bean and the ability to repeat a task. The next will be for the widget.
    07-25-2012 02:48 AM