ROCKPLAYER! DIVX/AVI/MKV Player for our EVO!

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
ROCKPLAYER! DIVX/AVI/MKV Player for our EVO!

I've been getting about 28FPS & pretty smooth! Thought I'd share!

Google Download: 檔案 - RockPlayer | Google 檔案 - RockPlayer | Google 網上論壇

Use the mirror if the Google Group is over bandwith.
Mirror: MEGAUPLOAD - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

"We all know of Android's video codec limitations (i.e., no AVI or MKV support). Many Android players promising AVI playback have been, to put it lightly, disappointments. Over the past few weeks, however, there has been much buzz surrounding Android's newest video player, RockPlayer, that reportedly plays AVI and MKV files without a hiccup. However, up until today, the beta for RockPlayer had been private, and the versions floating around were not authorized by the developer (i.e., warez).

Today, this has all changed! I am pleased to announce that the developer, "Water.E" has released RockPlayer Beta to the public! I personally have been using RockPlayer for sometime now, and have been impressed by the app's exceptional playback. For example, while displaying an AVI file full-screen, I get a fluid 24fps playback, with minimal audio sync issues and relatively no skipping. In my opinion, RockPlayer is the best video player for Android. Also note, RockPlayer is also equipped to play the standard Android video format, MP4, as well. "

Loondog

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Very nice! I just dumped a 550mb xvid avi onto my card and it played like a charm. There was a oh so slight delay between audio and video but this is still the best playback I have seen by far.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just tested a .avi file and it played back at 24FPS, nice and solid with no video glitches or audio problems. I would say it was perfect, nice and clear.

I don't get the big deal about the 30FPS thing. If video plays back so well at 24, why can't games play smooth?

I also tried a HUGE .mkv file and it could not really play it, was low fps, but I have problems playing thos eon some PC's.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I think movies are made at 24fps, so there's no problem with the 30fps limit. But games are made to display on 60fps screen, so if the phone is limited at 30fps, then you can definitely notice the slower refresh rate.

Quizshow

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Noob question, but how do you deploy it after you download it? Just copy to phone?

Thanks.

ETA: figured it out. But I've got an MP4 of Alice in woderland that is only playing sound. No picture. It plays fine on my computer. Any ideas? Off to search the forum.

ETA: figured it out again. Just needed to change mp4 to m4v. Didnt even have to convert anything.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Lockeskidney

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
tried a 1.8gb mkv planet earth file i had but it couldnt keep up
going ot try something smaller

edit: tried a smaller 100mb avi working beautifully

tumblr_l4kz9ubQRu1qzu186o1_r1_1280.png

Last edited:

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this for a few weeks now and It works great for me. I play mostly AVI files but have used a few MKV and do have slow downs when i put it fullscreen with that format only. AVI runs smooth as butter.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
been using this in the closed beta as well. works fairly well. some audio sync issues with certain movies, but overall works great!

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I love this player. I was actually hooking my phone up to my laptop and playing movies off my SD card because they were .avi's and I didn't feel like converting them, but now I don't have to. It plays my movies perfectly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000