I know this might not be the best place to talk about the entire sling system, but with the slingplayer just coming out for Android, I want it on my Evo. I am trying to understand how the whole thing works and everyone on this board has been really helpful, so I thought I would ask a few questions...

So you buy a SlingBox (300$ for HD) and you can connect it to your cable box? ( I have time warner) and you can also hook it up to your netflix roku?

and then you go to slingbox.com and you can watch it or go on your phone and watch it (30$)

How many people can be using it at once? If I was watching it on my phone, my sister was watching it on her computer and my mom was watching it on the TV would that be possible?

What keeps from someone sharing their password with all of their friends instead of actually getting it themselves?

With the evo can you use the HDMI port to play your slingplayer on a TV that doesnt have cable?

Sorry for all these questions, but Im interested in getting it and am having trouble figuring it out
    06-28-2010 03:10 AM
    Yes, you connect the slingbox to your cable box.

Adding the Roku shouldn't be a problem if you already have it hooked up while your cable box is hooked up. The Slingplayer simply sits to the side of your cable box using one of the cable box's output connectors. I would assume the Roku is using one of the other input connections to your TV (one not being used by your cable box).

One person may use the slingbox at a time. If one person is viewing, others will receive a message that it is unavailable. Individuals with the slingbox administrative password can kick others off the slingbox.

There is nothing to prevent someone from sharing their slingbox password with others.

I can't answer the Evo question from first-hand knowledge. You could do what you describe if the Evo's HDMI-out works for all programs.
    06-28-2010 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD