Sorry if this has been posted..
    Im looking for an app that I can use on my computer (mac) that I can send and receive SMS's. Mainly because I'm at work in an office and i don't want to have my phone beep or vibrate and also be seen with my phone out texting.
    I was using droid messenger but it's kinda messed up. Like it was saying my texts were coming in at the complete wrong time it really was.. like saying 8:00 when it was 12:30, and would take like 5 mins to send/receive.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks a lot
    Jmurr187
    06-28-2010 11:47 AM
    If you set up a Google Voice account then you can text messages from it just by logging into your Google account and clicking the voice link.
    06-28-2010 11:55 AM
    Chuckz28-
    I actually just set up a google voice account a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to figure how to get the SMS feature to work. I have it all sync'd with my voicemail and everything but I havent seen anything on how to get the sms feature to forward my texts.
    06-28-2010 02:19 PM
    Go to the chat feature in your regular Google mail on the web and you can send sms from there. Put in the phone # in the field instead of a contact name and hit enter..... I do it all day while at work.
    06-28-2010 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD