Any other screenshot apps?

Itoao

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am hearing the shoot me app no longer works after the update. Are there any other apps that let you do this without rooting?

posguy99

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am hearing the shoot me app no longer works after the update. Are there any other apps that let you do this without rooting?

It's not the application, it's that the phone's internal permissions were incorrect, and now they're correct.

ShootMe worked because HTC made a mistake. Apparently they've fixed that mistake. Either root, or use the SDK to take screenshots.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thats not cool. I don't really want to go that route. Wish someone would make another app.

An app that takes a screen capture CAN NOT exist unless your phone is rooted...It has NOTHING to do with the app. So making another one would not do anything.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ShootMe worked on NON rooted phones, I know because my phone is NOT rooted.

The new update today broke Shoot Me, so the question is, how can we fix this or is there another similar app (for non rooted Evo's) available?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Non ROOTED EVO Using ShootMe

I too have a NON rooted Evo and was using shootme BEFORE the HTC Update ... I did notice that the app said for rooted phones only but it worked ... Until today.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The reason for the app not working is that the back door which allowed the app to work on non-rooted Evos has now been closed with today's update.

The only way for it to work post-update is to root the device.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why so many of us have to state it to no end but I don't have my phone rooted and I've used shoot me without any problems. I have not done the update but am bracing myself with this news on it disabling it to work. Although...I doubt I'll really miss it all that much.

qu1nn

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I would think that sprint/htc would open up the permissions so that screen captures COULD take place. That type of application provides some great objective evidence....

what is the sdk?

qu1nn

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, here we go again with the multiple people who refuse to listen to the people who have already given the answer. Here, everyone that refuses to read the reasoning, let me post it nice and clear like I did in a similar thread...

"How many people need to post up the fact that SCREENSHOT APPS NEED ROOT ACCESS AND THAT SHOOTME WORKING ON THE EVO WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A MISTAKE DUE TO A SECURITY FLAW THAT HAS SINCE BEEN PATCHED before people stop repeating the same "it stopped working! help! what other apps work for it without root???""

izzzy12k

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is a fluke or what, but just tested shootme on the mytouch slide and it worked fine.

l_cb5b04b2073847659395694e78255d83.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy