Any other screenshot apps?

TaylorFox#AC

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I still don't understand why Android doesn't support screenshots; whether on rooted devices or non-rooted. Screen grabbing in my opinion is a basic ability of a smartphone; for goodness sake Blackberries can do it. I will say that's something I DO miss from my Storm, and I used it quite regularly. I think this should be supported honestly. Android can do complex tasks, but it can't take a screenshot with a touch of a button...come on.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not 100% positive but I'm sure it has to do with copyright issues. They have no way to control people taking screen shots of copyright protected materials.

I noticed that after the update that came out yesterday, it is no longer requesting SuperUser (root) access so it may work without root now. I'm rooted so I can't test it.

I'm using the HTC Evo

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
441a2244-db73-e661.jpg

Just saying

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Man wat are you back and forth about? The orig 2.1evo out of the box worked with shootme then it was patched now its open again. Do u have an evo? Try it. Do you have a dinc? Doesn't matter...doesn't work

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Man wat are you back and forth about? The orig 2.1evo out of the box worked with shootme then it was patched now its open again. Do u have an evo? Try it. Do you have a dinc? Doesn't matter...doesn't work

Shootme has gone back and forth on working on the evo for non rooted devices. I have the Evo. I recently rooted so I it works fine for me. :cool: