07-19-2010 04:17 PM
36 12
tools
    Wow, first Audible on Android and now this. I never did Kindle but seeing how this app was free and tested out with the samples I think I might start building up a Kindle Library. Works great, just need to make the Kindle store in app instead of taking you to the browser to buy the books. Otherwise, not too bad
    You've got the audible for Android app??? How can I get it? The Audible website simple says "coming soon."
    06-29-2010 06:08 PM
    Ok. I answered my own question. For those who haven't seen it, there's a post over on another thread with the link for the open beta of the app.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...tml#post162225

I've used it today for about 3 hours of listening. Still beta, but it works pretty good!
    06-30-2010 10:25 PM
    Does anyone know were the books are stored, SD card or internal memory?
    Thanks
    07-05-2010 05:19 PM
    Does anyone know were the books are stored, SD card or internal memory?
    Thanks
    Not 100% sure but I believe its the SD Card. I have a Hero so onboard memory is like Gold and I haven't noticed any drop in memory since download some of my kindle books.
    07-05-2010 06:02 PM
    I have a lot of samples on my Kindle for PC for previewing and simultaneously creating a type of "wishlist", but these samples unfortunately don't sync to my phone.
    07-07-2010 11:24 PM
    as far as i can tell there is no way to read kindle format books on the evo, unless they came from the amazon store.

if anyone has any tips on getting this to work let me know
    Me too! If anyone has any tips on getting this to work, let us know!
    07-14-2010 12:22 AM
    If the books books do not have DRM protection, or if you remove said protection (very easy to do, but most forums do not allow mention of the details on how to do this) you can use a program called calibre to convert the ebook to any format you like. I have a sony prs-600 ereader that I use on a daily basis and the books that i have in the .epub format are readable with the program Aldiko in the Market place (both calibre and aldiko cannot handle any sort of DR.)

I mainly read on my reader, but it is nice to have a small collection available on my phone at all times (especially with the EVO's gorgeous screen.) Oh and one last thing, some of the books I buy are through Kobobooks and they also have their own program in the Marketplace.

Amazon's formats tend to be too restrictive so I only use their app for books that are free on their website and nothing else.

If anyone is interested, there is plenty of information available at the forums at Mobile Read
    07-14-2010 12:41 AM
    Can't find any free books within the app either. Is this not an option?
    07-15-2010 09:22 AM
    I have Kindle installed. But I have some Barnes and Noble books. Is gthere any way to read them on the Evo?
    07-18-2010 11:04 AM
    Barnes & Noble is supposed to be coming out with their own app for Android here in the very near future. I'm sure others will have some suggestions
    07-18-2010 02:33 PM
    Just found ireader' the paid version works with B&N books.
    07-19-2010 04:17 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD