Kindle for Android now available

Bic

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For those of you with Kindles, you can now synch with your Evo & PCs. Kindle for Android is available today (June 28)

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a question if someone knows the answer. Can you buy books outside of Amazon and what file format would they need to be. I went to a ebook site and they had Kindle format which is .azw I did d/l a free book form Amazon to see where it would put it. I used Astro to try to find the file but didnt find it. Anyone know?

Thanks

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question if someone knows the answer. Can you buy books outside of Amazon and what file format would they need to be. I went to a ebook site and they had Kindle format which is .azw I did d/l a free book form Amazon to see where it would put it. I used Astro to try to find the file but didnt find it. Anyone know?

Thanks

Mobi format books from outside Amazon (such as public domain from Gutenberg or science fiction fromWebscriptions.net) can be loaded onto an actual Kindle via USB (there's also a way to email them to your Kindle) and they will work fine. For Kindle for PC and Kindle for iPhone, only books actually purchased from Amazon.com for Kindle are supposed to work. I assume the same is true of the Android version.

neon8

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Installed. Went to archived items in menu and downloaded a few of my books from my kindle account. Tested whispersync and no problem syncing to location on kindle or ipad. Great to have all my kindle books on my Evo. The text is very readable. Won't replace my kindle for reading but neither did my ipad. Great for times when out without kindle or ipad and just want to kill some time in line or waiting for appointment. Thanks Amazon. Will be nice when they add direct purchase but ok for now as i have a large kindle library already.

saxd45

May 19, 2010
Visit site
as far as i can tell there is no way to read kindle format books on the evo, unless they came from the amazon store.

if anyone has any tips on getting this to work let me know

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
as far as i can tell there is no way to read kindle format books on the evo, unless they came from the amazon store.

if anyone has any tips on getting this to work let me know

Download a Kindle book from Amazon then look on the SD card to see where it got stored. Put the PD books there.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So, if I have a Kindle and my Evo, can I sync both of them and use either one as I please? Or does using one device de-activate the other (as is the case with two Kindles)?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I log in to my amazon account and click on the amazon store with in the app. All I get is a error saying it can't find the page.

Any one have any ideas? I've tried reinstalling, and rebooting my HTC Incredible. No luck. :(

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I log in to my amazon account and click on the amazon store with in the app. All I get is a error saying it can't find the page.

Any one have any ideas? I've tried reinstalling, and rebooting my HTC Incredible. No luck. :(

Turn on Mobile View in your browser settings.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to download a sample; it just doesn't show up. Is there a place I can look for the status of the download or is there a setting in my browser that's blocking the download?

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Can I use the Kindle app and buy books even though I don't have a Kindle(and never even touched one)?

EDIT
Nevermind, I just checked it out in the market and saw that I can. Sorry for being lazy!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63