Looking for an app that allows me to remotely access my Mac

markw10

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on purchasing a Google Nexus 7 shortly and at my home office I use a MacBook Pro. I'll frequently be using this tablet on the go and I plan to keep the files that I'll need to access when on the road on my Nexus 7 or on Google Drive. There may be time I overlook something.
In cases like this I'd like to find an app that will allow me to remotely connect to my Mac. In many cases this would allow me to for example to view Word files and find the information I need.
I don't know if any of them offer this option but it would be nice if there was a way that I could also take a file from my Mac and transfer it to my Android device. Do any apps offer this?
Obviously security is very important with the above. I have used an iPad in the past and know there's an app called iTeleport that does something similar than this for connecting remotely to my Mac.
Thank you for your help.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, i think you could use Teamviewer (free for personal use) which would basically let you view and control your Mac from your tablet.

Been awhile since I used it so I can't remember if the mobile version lets you transfer files or not (the PC to PC version does, but not sure about Mobile to PC).

I'm sure there are many other ways, but that's the one I'm most familiar with.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on purchasing a Google Nexus 7 shortly and at my home office I use a MacBook Pro. I'll frequently be using this tablet on the go and I plan to keep the files that I'll need to access when on the road on my Nexus 7 or on Google Drive. There may be time I overlook something.
In cases like this I'd like to find an app that will allow me to remotely connect to my Mac. In many cases this would allow me to for example to view Word files and find the information I need.
I don't know if any of them offer this option but it would be nice if there was a way that I could also take a file from my Mac and transfer it to my Android device. Do any apps offer this?
Obviously security is very important with the above. I have used an iPad in the past and know there's an app called iTeleport that does something similar than this for connecting remotely to my Mac.
Thank you for your help.

LogMeIn. And you could always upload to Drive through your remote connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2