Opera Browser CPU HOG?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Opera going crazy CPU wise?

After a fresh reboot, and using my Samsung S3 for 1.5 hours (95% in flipboard), and only a few times launching opera to read a full article, I noticed my power was down to 80%, and there was 7 minutes of CPU on Opera (like 5 times as much as any other process).

I really like opera because it has text re-flow.

Any other good browsers with Re-Flow that don't go crazy with my CPU?

Thanks,
Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Never mind . I switched to dolphin browser.

Watch their video in the play store. Totally hilarious !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Good suggestion . How much battery does the watch dog consume ?

---Sent from the most advanced android mobile super-computer on the planet: the Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, featuring simultaneous voice & data and speedy 4G!!!

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
By the way, how often does an app go rogue?

Do most people use watch dog type monitors?

---Sent from the most advanced android mobile super-computer on the planet: the Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, featuring simultaneous voice & data and speedy 4G!!!

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
WatchDog has a very small footprint both memory and power-wise. It can also kill apps it catches (manually, not automatically). I got rid of WeatherBug and switched to AccuWeather because WatchDog kept catching it using 50%+ CPU. It occasionally catches K9 Mail running hot if it has a problem polling one of my mail accounts and gets hung. You can also open it and watch CPU usage in real-time to see what is cumulatively using your resources even just running in the background. It has helped me decide which apps to keep or dump on occasion based on their usage even when they aren't misbehaving.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Very compelling answer. You convinced me to install it.

I had it installed on my old phone, but I was trying to go minimalist on my new S3, but you make excellent points.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae