01-03-2017 09:11 PM
97 1234
tools
    ...my Gmail badge icon is reset back to 0. When I get a new email, it will up as '1', but it's like it doesn't acknowledge the rest of my unread email. Any ideas?...
    Did you create the Widget a long time ago (before GMail updated a few months ago)?
    Try removing the Email from MissedIt (in the Widget & Shared Elements) then re-add it to both.

It should keep an accurate Badge Count for GMail until you open Emails themselves.
    Example - if it says "2" it should accurately drop to "1" if you only read 1 & not go to "0" until you open both.
    08-03-2013 11:35 PM
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT***

MissedIt updated a little while ago to support Android 4.3's new Notification Listener Service.

However, I'm choosing to keep the older version (4.0.5).

I use MissedIt as a sort of "Reminder" when I've cleared Notifications by other means.
    If for example I'm in a meeting & get an important EMail LightFlow will blink & Floating Notifications will appear so I quickly turn my screen on to dismiss Floating Notifications which dismisses it globally. Using the updated version of MissedIt it also clears the Badge Notification (# count) so after the meeting if I've forgotten about the EMail I won't remember until I get a new EMail or manually launch the App. That's just not convenient for me.
    It would be far more convenient if there was an option allowing the Widget to be cleared but the Badge Count remained until the App itself was actually opened.

I've requested on his G+ BETA Community page to have an option to separate the Badge Notification from the Widget so the Badges can be used as a "Reminder". However, the Dev doesn't seem to see the convenience of this setup & thinks it'll confuse people so he's against adding it, which is his choice so I respect it. I just won't be updating it as I can't rely on it if it functions this way.

If you agree with my suggestion, please Up-vote it here--> http://missedit.uservoice.com/forums...dget-so-they-c

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-17-2013 06:27 PM
    I agree... voted on the link you provided!

Now is there a way to get the previous version again? I updated and now regret it...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    08-17-2013 06:39 PM
    Hi,

i have some problems with the unread badges on some apps on my Nexus 4 for with Nova Launcher and Wifget Locker. First i had the Tesla unread and everything was working fine for months. But after an update (not sure if it was android 4.3 or the launcher) things messed up, described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ead-count.html

Now i found this thread and installed Missedit! it got a bit better but i still have following issues:
    Unread e-mails is shown on the camera app (even in the apps folder)
    On the Widget Locker screen, Missed Calls doesn't work.
    09-03-2013 11:41 AM
    i have some problems with the unread badges on some apps on my Nexus 4 following issues:
    Unread e-mails is shown on the camera app (even in the apps folder)
    On the Widget Locker screen, Missed Calls doesn't work.
    Your Screenshots don't show up so I can't see the problem.

Anyhow, here's a few questions for you:
    -Are you rooted & if so what ROM?
    -What version of MissedIt are you using?
    -Did you try fully uninstalling MissedIt then reinstalling? His latest version when going from 4.2.2-4.3 had some problems that required a fresh install of the App.
    -Are you a member of MissedIt's Google+ BETA Community?

09-03-2013 12:00 PM
    Thats great
    09-03-2013 12:22 PM
    On Widget Locker it's now working, after adding the app again to the lockscreen. but not on the nova launcher desk.

to answer your questions:
    - i'm rooted with build number JWR66Y, but didn't update the superuser after 4.3,
    - the latest version of MissedIt from the playstore 4.1.8. I intalled it the first time after 4.3. before i just used Teslaunread.
    - no member

[HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications-2013-09-04-01.21.45.png
    09-03-2013 02:42 PM
    On Widget Locker it's now working, after adding the app again to the lockscreen. but not on the nova launcher desk....
    Not sure why it works on WidgetLocker but not Nova, seems weird.

You've enabled Tesla & set the Provider properly?
    Have you added Apps to the Shared Elements section?
    Do you have a Widget on Nova or just using the App's Shared Elements feature?

You should probably join the G+ BETA Community since you have Android 4.3 & the Dev can chime in if you're still having problems.

09-03-2013 02:58 PM
    You've enabled Tesla & set the Provider properly?
    Have you added Apps to the Shared Elements section?
    Do you have a Widget on Nova or just using the App's Shared Elements feature?
    - yes & yes
    - yes
    - the shared elements doesn't work for mail as described, so i use now the widget. this works and now I made a workaround. i use 3 widgets, one for SMS, one for calls and one for mail. configured it that is shows me just the number of missed events (no text), and put it under the app icon with no touch input.

i'll try to attach a screenshot (don't understand why i see it in the Preview Post but not in the actual reply)
    [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications-2013-09-05-18.11.04.png
    09-05-2013 04:14 AM
    Thanks!

Works like a charm! I was already using Nova Launcher (it is truly fantastic) and I had to purchase MissedIt for my alternative SMS app etc.
    09-19-2013 04:57 AM
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT***

There's at long-last another Launcher to implement support for MissedIt!
    It's Launcher 8--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fo.tikusoft.l8

Only caveat is that it seems SMS & GMail don't use MissedIt but Launcher 8's built-in SMS & GMail counter which can be a little tricky to set up, but once done it works great just like it does on Nova Launcher!
    Also, the count only appears on Tiles placed on the Homescreen & not in the list of Apps - Windows Phone's version of the "App Drawer"

If you're having problems, I'll do my best as usual to help you though the update just came out yesterday so I'm still trying to get a feeling for everything & how it's supported.
    You might want to check out MissedIt's Google+ BETA Community--> https://plus.google.com/communities/...52323072606306
    Or communicate directly with the Dev of Launcher 8 on Google+--> https://plus.google.com/113192992285762862111

***I've updated the original post to reflect this***
    10-15-2013 11:13 AM
    Since the Notification Listener Service works differently from the Accessibility Service previously used by MissedIt, here's a quick guide to setting up Badge Notifications (little #'s on App icons/tiles themselves indicating pending Notifications) on Launcher 8.

***Disclaimer***
    This guide was created with Launcher8 enabled as a Notification Listener Service & I used "TextPlus Gold" as a test App but it should work with any App that produces Notifications.

If you're using an older device pre-4.3, to achieve Badge Notifications on Launcher8, simply add the Apps you want Badge Notifications for in MissedIt's "Shared Elements" section then follow Steps 1-3 of the guide below - that's it.

Step 1)
    Swipe from right-to-left to get to the list of installed Apps & locate the App you want Notifications tracked for

Step 2)
    Long-press the App icon & select "Pin to home screen"

Step 3)
    Return to your Homescreen

Step 4)
    Long-press the icon from the Homescreen & tap the "Edit" icon in the left-hand corner

Step 5)
    You'll now be on the "Edit tile" screen.
    From here, tap the "+" button

Step 6)
    You'll now be on the "Select image type" screen.
    From here, tap "Notification counter"
    (If you're using a pre-4.3 device you won't see "Notification Counter" & you shouldn't even be reading this far since you only need Steps 1-3 on your device)

Step 7)
    You'll now be on the "Image editor" screen.
    From here, rename it to something approriate & also name it the same thing lower down in the "Title" section

Step 8)
    Still on the "Image editor" screen, you can change the App icon.
    Personally, I like to keep the stock icon - for this, tap the center icon that looks like a box located between a camera & broom icon directly below the "Name" section

Step 9)
    Still on the "Image editor" screen, tap the empty space beside "Watch for"

Step 10)
    You'll now be on the "SelectNotification" screen.
    From here, scroll to the App you want tracked

Step 11)
    You'll now be returned to the "Image editor" screen.
    From here, ensure the "Mode" is set to "Display value from notification" then tap the "Save" icon in the upper right corner

Step 12)
    You'll now be returned to the "Edit tile" screen.
    From here, tap the portion below "Drawable" to expand the list of available "Drawables"

Step 13)
    From the list of "drawables", select your newly created one & then tap the "Save" icon in the upper right corner

Step 14)
    Return to your Homescreen & then your Tile will be set up with a "Counter" so anytime you receive a Notification for that App it will display a # until the App itself that produced the Notification is launched

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-23-2013 01:52 PM
    I've ditched Touchwiz (and thus TW Email and icon with badge notification) on my GS4 and I'm using a custom ROM based on 4.2.2 and I'm using Nova Launcher. I've installed the KitKat email and exchange APK files. My last task is to find badge notification that will work for Exchange e-mail. Will this do the trick?
    11-25-2013 11:58 PM
    ...My last task is to find badge notification that will work for Exchange e-mail. Will this do the trick?
    Provided you're using Nova Prime (paid version of Nova), Tesla Unread Count & MissedIt, yes it should.
    Tesla Unread Count natively supports Samsung EMail & K9 so you might want to try that before purchasing MissedIt & trying this method.

My method though should track any App that produces a Notification in the Notification Bar so as long as your Exchange e-mail produces Notifications, MissedIt should track it if Tesla Unread Count doesn't.

11-26-2013 12:13 AM
    firstly thank you so much for this guide, it works for the most part completely as expected, but theres some functionality that im missing out on bc it seems im having a problem, there is no missed it widget , or anything of the like in my widgets drawer... what widget are you refering to , when you say to make a widget and resize it 1x1 etc... do i have to make it with uccw or something ? im on a gs4 i9505 running 4.2.2 is it something im missing or am i just being a newb thanks alot in advance man your awesome
    12-10-2013 09:30 AM
    ...there is no missed it widget , or anything of the like in my widgets drawer...
    It's in the App Drawer's Widget section. It's a 4X1 Widget.
    The Widget isn't "needed" though if all you want are the #'s on the App icons themselves. In my opinion, you aren't really missing much not using the Widget.

12-10-2013 11:19 AM
    sadly there is no missed it 4x1 in the widget drawer ( app drawer's widget section ) and from what i read earlier in this thread thats an alternative to getting apps to show proper numbers of notification badges ... is it because im running 4.2.2 or something, if not i guess ill just stayed with my skewed results
    12-11-2013 05:47 AM
    ...is it because im running 4.2.2...
    I'm on 4.4.2 with my devices but I use an outdated version of MissedIt (pre-Notification Listener Service support) until the Dev implements s feature I've requested.
    You might want to post to his Google+ BETA Community page--> https://plus.google.com/communities/...52323072606306

12-11-2013 09:39 AM
    ohh what version of missed it are you using ? do you know the version and build number.... maybe that will fix my problem as well , thanks in advance again
    12-12-2013 03:34 AM
    ohh what version of missed it are you using ?...
    I use version 4.0.5 of MissedIt.
    It uses the Accessibility Service instead of the Notification Listener Service (relevant on devices running Android 4.3+).

The Dev has since fixed a few minor bugs, but for me, 4.0.5 is more useful until he separates the Widget from the Badge Count, which he said he's working on.

12-12-2013 11:07 AM
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT***

For those (like myself) that use MissedIt as a "Reminder" needing the Badge Count to remain on the App icons themselves even when the Notification has been cleared from the Notification Shade (on versions of Android 4.3+), the option is currently available (as of version 4.2. beta 2).
    You'll need to be part of the Google+BETA Community though.

However, when you are, here's how to change the default behavior of clearing the Badge Notification when it has been cleared from the Notification Shade:
    Options-> Counter Reset Mode-> On App Focused (by default it's set to "On Notification Dismissed" )

12-21-2013 10:35 AM
    I hate to revive an old thread, but I'm having problems with unread badges on my new phone. I just got a Moto X and am running Android 4.4 KitKat. In the past, I had Missed It! installed alongside Nova Launcher and I used the unread badges as reminders of when I had dismissed notifications for apps without running the app (Ex: I had unread messages in Whatsapp or unread Tweets, etc.). I used to be able to dismiss the notification from the notification shade on my old phone without the unread badge going away. That isn't the case on my Moto X where, if I dismiss the notification in the notification shade, the unread badge disappears too. Your solution is to use the old version of Missed It! (Version 4.0.5), but I'm not sure how to get that version after I've already updated it to the newest version. Any help?
    01-02-2014 10:45 AM
    I hate to revive an old thread
    ...I used to be able to dismiss the notification from the notification shade on my old phone without the unread badge going away.
    It might be an "old thread" but I maintain it & it gets roughly 1.5k views/week even without new posts bumping it up to the top of the list, so clearly it's s feature a lot of people are Google'ing.
    I'm pleased to know you found my tutorial useful. :-)

To resolve the issue you're having, join the MissedIt Google+ BETA Community to ensure you have the latest version.
    Then, with the latest version (4.2 beta3), go to Options--> Counter Reset Mode--> On App Focused
    The only problem using this method though, is that it continues to collect Notifications from the App you're currently in behind the scenes. For example, if you're within Google+ & get Notifications, once you exit Google+ it'll say you have Notifications when you don't. He's working on that though, hopefully.

Hope that helps.

01-02-2014 11:00 AM
    It might be an "old thread" but I maintain it & it gets roughly 1.5k views/week even without new posts bumping it up to the top of the list, so clearly it's s feature a lot of people are Google'ing.
    I'm pleased to know you found my tutorial useful. :-)

To resolve the issue you're having, join the MissedIt Google+ BETA Community to ensure you have the latest version.
    Then, with the latest version (4.2 beta3), go to Options--> Counter Reset Mode--> On App Focused
    The only problem using this method though, is that it continues to collect Notifications from the App you're currently in behind the scenes. For example, if you're within Google+ & get Notifications, once you exit Google+ it'll say you have Notifications when you don't. He's working on that though, hopefully.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, I had found this thread through a google search and didn't look at the dates, so I assumed it was old. My bad.

And thanks a ton for the fix! It's working now the way it used to and I love it. The hiccup with the behind-the-scenes notifications will be a bit annoying, but it's much more preferable than having my unread badges disappear when I actually need them most.
    01-02-2014 11:11 AM
    MissedIt has an update in the Play Store (if you're a BETA Tester) that fixes the problem with it tracking Notifications of the App the User is currently in - version 4.2 BETA 5.

If you're a BETA Tester & don't have the "Update" prompt yet, don't worry it should appear in the next few hours.

01-26-2014 07:10 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD