When you are in a call, GV allows you to forward that call to the rest of your phones (that you have set up with GV) by pressing *. From the looks of it, it looks like this forwards to all your numbers. Is there any way to select a specific number to forward the call to? If not, is there a way to do this some other way?

The reason I ask this is I would like to forward some calls to my wife's number, but I don't want her phone to ring every time I get a call. I just want her phone to ring when she gets a call directly to her or I forward a call to her.
    06-29-2010 11:27 AM
    in the google settings screen uncheck her number under the bold forwards to.
    06-29-2010 12:08 PM
    in the google settings screen uncheck her number under the bold forwards to.
    Right. But then how do I forward a call to her? Unchecking the box for her number would keep the calls from ringing on her phone, but what about when I want a specific call to be transferred to her number?
    06-29-2010 12:14 PM
    Right. But then how do I forward a call to her? Unchecking the box for her number would keep the calls from ringing on her phone, but what about when I want a specific call to be transferred to her number?
    *2 to transfer a call to her. My wife and I do it all the time. Then again its just her and I on the line hope that helps.
    whitenack likes this.
    06-29-2010 12:23 PM
    Thanks. Is *2 a function of google voice, or your wireless carrier? If it is a function of your wireless carrier, does it cost anything to use this feature?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I have looked everywhere for this and can't find anything about it.
    06-29-2010 01:01 PM
    Thanks. Is *2 a function of google voice, or your wireless carrier? If it is a function of your wireless carrier, does it cost anything to use this feature?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I have looked everywhere for this and can't find anything about it.
    Oh no you are fine, anyway I can help. I was mistaken you can only use * to transfer. Not sure when google will implement transferring to a specific number. I think when google set up the voice feature that it would replace all your phone numbers. Not to be used as a feature that would call a group that has all different numbers and possibly different carriers, which is the reason why you wouldnt be able to transfer to a specific number. Google voice wasnt setup for it, only for a specific individual with multiple numbers of his/her own. Hope this makes sense.
    06-29-2010 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD