I need a better music app sugestion.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
When I am using my EVO and it?s connected to my Bluetooth radio in my car and hit next, it?s I playing the current song and the next song at the same time.
I looked into Double Twist but it didn?t seem to have a ?shuffle? option.
I don?t have any need to stream music; just want to be able to create playlist and shuffle. While having a desktop option is nice, it?s not necessary. I don?t mind creating the playlist on the phone.
I downloaded ISyncr but it would appear that it uses the phones default player so I am back at square one.
Does anyone have any suggestions???
Thanks,
Deano

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Zimly. I have to admit I don't do anything other than choose a song and listen, and on and on but this app just feels very solid and professionally done. Worth a try.

Plus, it does the same for video and has settings and a dedicated exit button to make sure it's off.

Zimly Media Player for Android

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use bTunes, but haven't really tried the others. Was going to try out Cubed because I've heard good things, but a previous poster in this thread says it doesn't do playlists? Fail if true.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried several but nothing appealed to me like Zimly. Free with a widget and beautifully functional UI.

Also, the dev is very active and takes suggestions seriously.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I use DoubleTwist. It's great and syncs with all my itunes. They are coming out with a widget soon too, according to their twitter.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I use my music player everyday and have tried a ton of them. The best and cleanest for me by far is vanilla. It's fast and lets you close it when your done.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got done trying every music player I could find.

I think my 2 favorites are Zimly and Meridian Media.

Both are free, play both music and video, and have widgets. Zimly seems to be a very nice basic player, but Meridian Media has a few more advanced options like lyric search, ID tag editing, and album art downloading. I think I also like Meridian's interface better and it comes with 4 different widgets rather than just one.

Meridian Media Player Pioneer - Android app on AppBrain

ikshaar

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I use DoubleTwist on phone (it has shuffle) and MediaMonkey on the PC.I mention PC app because DoubleTwist desktop app is terrible.

Only problem with DoubleTwist is that it does not have option to "add to playlist" on phone, so you cannot make a playlist on the spot.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Cubed (AppBrain Link) is my personal favorite. Although it doesn't have its own way of making playlists, but Astro lets you create playlists. You... do use Astro, right?

Cubed is my personal favorite by far. Not sure why you say it doesn't allow you to create playlists though as the newest updates do now allow this. The ability to view the play queue that was added recently allows you to save the currently play queue to a playlist.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i use iSyncr for my itunes syncing. Do anyone know if there is a nice player with a widget that plays nice with it? I was using iSyncr ratings widget, but it doesn't work since i updated to froyo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz