Hulu Plus announced, no mention of Android?!?!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Engadget has a post about Hulu Plus and they make no mention of Android. Neither does the post on hulu.com. So, what gives??

Hulu announced a ton of platforms they will be on, including the iPhone/Pad, PS3 and Xbox 360, Samsun TVs and Sony Blu-ray players. Android was noticeably not mentioned.

However, I am sure they are working on it. They may not yet see Android as worth their time. So I encourage all of you to go here and request an invite. They will ask you what platforms you use, and make sure to click on Android! The more people they see that want to use Hulu Plus that have Android devices, the more inclined they will be to launch an app quickly!

I, for one, am super excited for this news. Combined with ESPN on the 360, goodbye cable!

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
While I too am excited about the possibility of Hulu on the Android platform, and I will check out the link and toss out a vote for Android...I'm certainly not ready to give up my 47" LCD HD flatscreen and cable, in favor of my droid..LOL ;)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably subscribing to this anyways (Between Netflix and Hulu and OTA, I'm ready to cut the cable cord and save ~$80/month), so having it on the phone would be a nice compliment. Filled out the form.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't look like they're working on it to me...
They even stated that the xbox will get it in
2011. So if Android was going to have its own
app, they could have stated it then as well.

Maybe mid-late 2011?

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't look like they're working on it to me...
They even stated that the xbox will get it in
2011. So if Android was going to have its own
app, they could have stated it then as well.

Maybe mid-late 2011?

Well xbox paid Netflix money to have it first over ps3 so I'm thinking Ps3 paid to have hulu? Maybe iphone paid but they always get apps first because of the market share. If people keep going to android Hulu will see this and work on it for sure. Right now they might not be seeing enough profit to make it worth their while.