I copied my whole music folder from itunes over usb to my phones memory card and installed winamp. Winamp sees two of EVERYTHING when there are only one of every mp3 file. In winamp the first listing for something does nothing at all, it can't play it. Only the second listing for an item works.

How do I get rid of all the duplicates? Clearing winamp cache/data and reinstalling it didn't help.

A clue: the default music player app that came on the phone also shows two copies of everything and the first one doesn't play either.

Are the same files being referenced twice somehow??
    08-15-2012 07:01 PM
    After I realized this wasn't a winamp problem:

duplicate empty songs, images - xda-developers

Same problem was with mine. Just go to application manager> all application and search
    -media storage,
    -music player,
    -gallery application

and just delete cache and data and restart. It will solve the problem a it force to re build data base
    08-16-2012 08:16 AM
    This happened to me about five more times, anyone know how to keep the music duplication from happening?
    09-06-2012 01:02 PM
    I second that....
    I have to purge and re-build my music library every day. Otherwise it it just keeps growing and with only one of each listing being the "real" listing it makes for a lot of " cannot play this selection" errors.

I am using a Icecream Sandwich Tabletwith a 32 gb TF in the TF slot and a 32 gb TF in a reader in the USB slot via a Micro male to USB2 female OTG adapter cable.

One difference I have is that it only duplicates the titles on the 2nd mem card that is plugged into my USB port. The selections on the card in the card slot are not effected. IS anyone still monitoring this thread?? I see it is a few months old
    09-26-2012 04:24 PM
    I posted above, it isn't a winamp problem. It hasn't happened to me lately though, don't know why.
    09-26-2012 05:09 PM