Best radio streaming app

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded A Online Radio app but it only features 1 of the 4 Sports Radio stations that I listen to. I alternate between them depending on the topic, too many commercials, and material. I live in Houston, TX. It's a huge market but A Online Radio doesn't have the sports stations that are hot in this town.

I would like some recommendations from you who've installed a streaming radio app that has, shall I say, surprised you having stations you didn't think the app would have but did. Or maybe, it's just flat out good that any station you look up, bam it's there.

I'm no pro on apps or even this particular issue so I'm all ears (eyes lol). I lack the ins-and-outs of how to tweak settings here and there to garner the results I'm looking for. If you guys care to help me out here to get my Sports Radio fix...I'd be tremendously greatful!

Since we can't access "Streaming Media" sites here at work and can't use a stereo as I get no antena reception....I get no radio whatsoever. :( But hopefully there's an app out there that can fix this.:)

toddjadams

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
TueWiki is the best...full access to the entire shoutcast/icecast library and access to local media. I have it running right now streaming to a BT gateway in my office....sounds better than my Sirius/XM app .

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Raf, what sport shows do you listen to? I.e. Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick, Jim Rome? Etc...

All those, no doubt! Here in Houston, I listen to Sports Radio 610 (Jim Rome), Sports Talk 790 (Dan Patrick) , 1560 The Game, and 97.5 The Ticket (ESPN affiliate).

The ones inside (this) are the national affiliate. But yeah, I listen to all those guys, at any time of the day. However, I very much enjoy the local stuff for Houston....pretty much all good shows all around.

mike929

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree Radiotime is great..it was free on the Pre..but is a paid App on the Evo

i'll check out TuneWiki - hmm, is it free or pay app? guess i'll check

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Radiotime was the best program I had on the Pre for streaming and one I bought right away for my Evo. Worth the small amount they charge. it streams everything except clear channel stations and then you have the iheartradio app to cover those.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Radiotime was the best program I had on the Pre for streaming and one I bought right away for my Evo. Worth the small amount they charge. it streams everything except clear channel stations and then you have the iheartradio app to cover those.

Same here. Strange though that the webOS version was free but the Android version costs.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I think RadioTime was initially free on the Pre, but they started charging for it later. I know it was free when I downloaded it for my Pre initially, but a year later, when I bricked it and needed a new one, it was a paid app.

b0xii

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
any update on radiotime regarding local houston stations...especially 1560 the game. Will pay for that. Can't seem to stream it otherwise.

UPDATE...

RadioTime does indeed have 1560 the game in houston! Purchased! Works great and good audio quality too!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith