Auto Airplane mode app

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that will turn on airplane mode after a specified time interval of having no service? I.e. you lose service for 5 minutes in the subway and airplane mode is automatically enabled. Thanks.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna sound like a broken record but Timeriffic does that. You can set the days and times that it goes off and back on. I use it to silence my phone during work hours and after a ceretain time the volume goes back up.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else? To clarify, I am not looking to set specific times for when to turn airplane mode on/off. Rather, I want an app that will automagically turn on airplane mode if I lose my signal for, say, 5 minutes, then check for a signal every 5 minutes until it finds one and toggle airplane mode off. For those of you familiar with PalmOS, PowerHero had this functionality.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Settings Profiles has lots of conditions you can choose, but loss of signal doesn't appear to be one of them. The do have an email addy to which you can send suggestions.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my Tasker and it can indeed do what you want save for the all radios being off question I had. I think even that may not be an issue.

Unsure why you had no luck.

You can set Tasker to check radio service of 2G/3G/3G-HSPA and have it turn off the other radios (Put in Airplane mode)if no service. You can set it to turn them on when there is service.

Unsure what else you need but it can do it, as far as the settings go anyway.

I suggest you hit Tasker’s forums and ask to make sure. I think this will work for you, Tasker is SERIOUSLY powerful and can do almost anything.

Last edited:

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my Tasker and it can indeed do what you want save for the all radios being off question I had. Unsure why you had no luck.

You can set Tasker to check radio service of 2G/3G/3G-HSPA and have it turn off the other radios if no service. You can set it to turn them on when there is service.

Unsure what else you need but it can do it, as far as the settings go anyway.

I suggest you hit Tasker?s forums and ask to make sure. I think this will work for you.

Guess I overlooked it. Will be trying it again. What kind of profile us needed for this?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I suggest you hit Tasker?s forums and ask to make sure. I think this will work for you, Tasker is SERIOUSLY powerful and can do almost anything.

And if you can figure out how to do it. It's perhaps the least intuitive program I've tried in years, the documentation simply restates the obvious, and the examples on their wiki apparently were built on an earlier version of the software, because they reference buttons and menu options that don't exist in the current version.

These guys really need someone who unerstands UI and documentation. Right now I think this program is only going to sell to programmers and people who really like to tinker.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually the basics are VERY easy to do. I am a total newb with this program, I just bought it, but I already got it to turn my ringer off at night and back on when I wake up during the week unless I have “off” posted on my calendar then it keeps it off so I can sleep in on my off days.

I also got it to notify me with a pop up to go to bed, I do that when I read at night the reader program is full screen so I don't see the clock.

That is why I said post in the forums there, they would walk you through it. The basics are not that bad... It is a very powerful program but you don't have to use all that power or for everything, I have only scratched the surface.

Lets try this since you have it installed. I have no way to be in a place with no signal to test so… You mentioned you only wanted it to go into Airplane mode when you lose network so this is easy.

Just looking at it real fast it looks like a simple new--state--mobile network, select the 2G, 3G etc... Hit invert because you want it to trigger when it is loses connection, then add what to do.

Hit the plus to add then hit net then Airplane mode and set to on.
That should put it into Airplane mode on the loss of 3G.

Looks like that is all it needs. I am not 100% sure if that is it as I am still learning more about it but you can post that and let them correct it in the forums if need be. They seem very helpful over there so far.

All you have to do is get that one thing working and it pays for itself. Once that is set up you don’t have to touch it or use it again. Just let it run.

Anyway I am just trying to help man.. I have nothing to do with Tasker except I liked it..

i:Di

Edit: looks like you have to only select 3G or it keeps putting it into Airplane mode since I don't have 2G.

I am unsure how to test it so I think it can do it but you should just ask over in the forums, I am sure it is easy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech