Accessing shared folders on WiFi?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering ever since I got my Desire if there's a way for me to access the shared folders on the computers in home network and pull files down to the phone from there. Being able to transfer music, video, apks and other things without hooking the phone up directly to the computer would be very convenient.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Astro file manager has an additional module that you can install that allows you to connect to windows shares. Has worked well for me.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this will help since I have a droid x (probably similar). Go to "files" folder in the apps section>shared folders>add server> select your CP (you will be asked for user name and password). All files visible on your computer from there. Hope that helps.

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this will help since I have a droid x (probably similar). Go to "files" folder in the apps section>shared folders>add server> select your CP (you will be asked for user name and password). All files visible on your computer from there. Hope that helps.

Is this in Astro? I don't see a "files" folder in Astro. Thanks.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Is this in Astro? I don't see a "files" folder in Astro. Thanks.

On my Droid X if you go to the "apps" section, there is a folder named "files" that is where it is located. It is a file manager, where the phone stores files. There you will also see an icon called "shared folders". Again, mine is a Droid X and it has this feature. I am assuming your phone has something very similar.

Edit: Make sure Wi-fi is on.

Last edited:

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I have this option on the Incredible. I don't see a folder named "files" any where in the System Settings Menu.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No HTC phones come pre-loaded with a file manager as far as I'm aware. Even in Ricky's case it may be something his carrier has added, but don't quote me on that as I know too little about Motorola phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci