facetime equivalent?

awolStatus

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the modern android I had one along time ago and have since been stuck with a iPhone. I just got my brand new galaxy s3 and was wondering if there was an equivalent to face time for my phone besides Skype

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
If you and some one else has an ics android phone you can use gtalk and video chat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

boardtc

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have deleted Google talk from my S3 in error. It does not appear to be available at the play store :-(
I read some talk about Google needing it with hangout/Google plus, so maybe it has been withdrawn :-(

Chevyracing252

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
There is also an app called Skype... It was around LONG before Face Time and works well on many devices, even when only connected via 3G...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What is the facetime equivalent for galaxy S3?

As mentioned, Gtalk and Skype work fine. There is no real FaceTime equivalent since FaceTime only works between apple devices and Android isn't that limited :). Gtalk and Skype will let you video chat to anyone on any device )both Android and iOS devices as well as PCs and Macs), assuming both parties have it installed and activated.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned, Gtalk and Skype work fine. There is no real FaceTime equivalent since FaceTime only works between apple devices and Android isn't that limited :). Gtalk and Skype will let you video chat to anyone on any device )both Android and iOS devices as well as PCs and Macs), assuming both parties have it installed and activated.

And even better, you're not locked to Wi-Fi using Skype at least, like you are with FaceTime (unless you're jailbroken). And there's always Google Hangouts, if you can convince the other parties to try it out.

Cheers!

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
U can try Tango. I've been using it for years it's a great video calling app and it's free

Posted via Android Central App

Melissa Arenas

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11