So it is my understanding that by default there is not a way to hide an icon in the application menu. Is there a 3rd part app that will do this?

I am amazed as great as the android OS seems to be, that there is not a way to do this within the OS.

Thanks,
    Deano
    07-01-2010 07:55 AM
    Yes but everyone has something that they'd say the same for so we could go on like this endlessly with various features that "should have been included". The intent is for the App Drawer to contain everything and for users to organize via the home screens. However, I do recall an app along these lines but will need to dig a bit.

Android's true greatness, IMO, comes from its extensibility. Personally, I don't get all the gripes about the stock OS. If you're not happy with something, odds are you can change it with an app, maybe with rooting, etc.
    07-01-2010 08:11 AM
    Yes but everyone has something that they'd say the same for so we could go on like this endlessly with various features that "should have been included". The intent is for the App Drawer to contain everything and for users to organize via the home screens. However, I do recall an app along these lines but will need to dig a bit.

Android's true greatness, IMO, comes from its extensibility. Personally, I don't get all the gripes about the stock OS. If you're not happy with something, odds are you can change it with an app, maybe with rooting, etc.
    I wasn't griping, just saying that because of its extensibility, I was surprised that it wasn't a feature already included. You name the OS and I have had it and by far, this is my favorite OS and favorite phone.
    I have thought about rooting the phone after I get a little more familiar with the OS. I wanted to learn to walk before I ran. Doesn't rooting though delete my warranty?
    07-01-2010 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD