Updated dTor Beta BitTorrent Client Available

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

There is an updated beta version of dTor native Android BitTorrent client available for download from the following location:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8467940/dTor_Beta_2.apk

Most all features are turned on in this version, including long press on torrents for details and added info, as well as Start/Stop/Remove. Still disabled are the preferences which will be available shortly. Additionally, we improved stability and some issues found in the first Beta release.

Some known issues:

If you install the software and upon trying to run it or unlock the trial get a F/C, restart your phone. This is especially true on HTC phones, for some reason it is related to the way the service installs itself. It should work fine after that.

You may get a F/C on the details screens, we are aware of this and it will be fixed in the next beta.

We hope to have the final version on the market in the next week or two, I am simply holding it back because I want to release the app as bug free and as device compatible as possible.

Follow us on Twitter at @blueplanetapps for the latest updates and details on all our apps.

Or hop over to the website for a peek at what we are doing... Blue Planet Apps Website

Thanks,

Jason

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. When torrenting works flawlessly on Android, I've got one less reason to hang on to my aging laptop. xD

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The Beta version has a trial license on it simple because we don't want possibly buggy software or software with features missing running around the market place, it will time out in about 15 days. But it will give you a good idea about the software and how it works.

About the torrent sites, you should be able to access any torrent site you want, as long as it is reachable on the net, and searchable via http, i.e., not requiring a login. Currently the custom search providers are not accessable as we have the preferences screen under review, but when that is complete you will have a number of built in providers and the ability to add your own.

-BluePlanetMan

joseaplaza

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm constantly getting this error with several torrents:
Disk write error - Cache inconsistency: entry missing on removal.
My phone is a Motorola Cliq/Android 1.5
Regards

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm constantly getting this error with several torrents:
Disk write error - Cache inconsistency: entry missing on removal.
My phone is a Motorola Cliq/Android 1.5
Regards

Hmm.. this is a new one. I am not sure actually. Have you tried deleting the torrents in question and restarting them?

The only thing I can think of off the bat is that this is coded for Android OS 1.6 at a minimum, and your running 1.5, I have not had much experience with your phone, is there an OS update for it yet?

joseaplaza

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i supposed it was because of the os version. I've tried several times and i always get the error.

Many Motorola devices (Cliq, Backflip, Dext...) have the 1.5 OS, as of today there is no update for them.

Regards

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i supposed it was because of the os version. I've tried several times and i always get the error.

Many Motorola devices (Cliq, Backflip, Dext...) have the 1.5 OS, as of today there is no update for them.

Regards

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

So I checked and we actually released this beta to support OS 1.5+ So, I am curious about this issue. Can you install the free Log Collector app from the App Market and send a copy of your log just AFTER running dTor and having these issues and it will hopefully tell us more about what it happening. Send it to beta@blueplanetapps.com

Thanks for the help.

-Jason

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Guys, I'm getting the same error message I got with the previous version:

"The application dTor (process com.dtor) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Of course, from there its a force close. I've sent you the logs before and you were quick to reply but I haven't heard from you since the last email, but thats cool because I know your busy.

I'll send this recent log again.

Last edited:

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. This may be a dumb question. But can you do the following?

1. Uninstall the app.
2. Reboot the phone
3. Install the current beta from this thread
4. Reboot the phone before running it
5. Run the app and unlock it if you have never done so before
6. Hopefully this will help you.

Lastly, if this does not work, send the current log after you do the above to beta@blueplanetapps.com and we will debug and get back to you.

Thanks for the testing.

The good news is that 99% of our testers have had little or no issues with the beta's and we have had quite a few fixes and quality enhancements from all of you, so we really appreciate the feedback and we hope the release will be as usable and bug free as possible.

Thanks,

Jason
BluePlanetMan

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Did exactly what you directed. Still nothing.

Between the first and this beta, I must have tried a hundred plus times and never got it to open.

Is it really working on other Evo's?

Oh, and I sent yet ANOTHER log. I hope you can find the answer there

rodeiguez102

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I'm getting the same error message I got with the previous version:

"The application dTor (process com.dtor) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Of course, from there its a force close. I've sent you the logs before and you were quick to reply but I haven't heard from you since the last email, but thats cool because I know your busy.

I'll send this recent log again.

I was getting the same force close error. What worked for me was, uninstall, delete dtor folder that is created in the install process (assuming you have a file manager app), soft reboot, and reinstall dtor. After that force closes stopped for me.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I was getting the same force close error. What worked for me was, uninstall, delete dtor folder that is created in the install process (assuming you have a file manager app), soft reboot, and reinstall dtor. After that force closes stopped for me.

Thanks for the reply. You have me encouraged.

Is a soft reboot just powering off the phone? I want to try this.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh it totally is. In fact I hope to have a release version ready this week. All the Beta tester logs were very useful in detecting odd and strange anomalies on various devices, but all seems much better now. Also, all feature sets have been added and tested. So, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday we can see a dTor release here on Android Central.

Thanks,

BluePlanetMan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci