10-08-2010 09:37 AM
64 123
tools
    I guess I'm missing something.. I am not impressed with this app... My timeline said I'm not friends with myself and gave me an error, the feed is super boring - I don't see chat anywhere........ I need to be enlightened, I'm all for cool apps!
    I really don't like the app at all and don't get the hype. I have tons of issues with it, but do use it for a couple things like chat and photos (you can create albums and tag friends with it).

Chat is only in 1.5 which is not in the market (google it and you'll find it). You also need to go here and click on all the links in the second post in order to get it to remotely work: (I've never had to enable so many permissions for one app) Bloo Discussion at FB

My other issues involve things like those pages I am a fan of (or "like")...they don't show up in the newsfeed (making it essentially worthless for any groups or fanpages I'm following). Also, even though I can view photos in the news feed, If I try to view one of my friends' photo albums, I get an error saying I don't have permissions (this happens for about 80% of my friends, even though I have no issues with the native app or using a PC to view their albums).

Also, if someone posts a link (such as a news story or video), you can't click on the link. However, you CAN click on the icon....but if the link doesn't have an icon, you're SOL. Quite annoying.

All-in-all, I find it severely lacking, and am not sure why everyone likes it so much. It does a few things better than the native app, but a lot of things worse. Also, the support sucks. There is no contact, and despite starting a thread on the Facebook Discussion page with my issues, and posting on the blog, I have not heard anything about how to solve my issues. Would be nice if the dev would help out a bit.

Right now I am using a combination of the native app (for nearly everything) ad Bloo (for chat and some photo management such as tagging and creating albums). I am starting to try http://touch.facebook.com for some functions but have not used it enough to say what it has (or doesn't have) compared to the native app or Bloo.

I'm hoping Bloo Too will be better, since Bloo as it stands is not very good (despite the hype here about it). I can see potential, but would never recommend it as a replacement for the native app as it is right now. I am curious for Bloo Too though to see how it is.
    07-24-2010 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the info EvilMonkey. I'm going to uninstall. I don't like to chat on facebook when I'm on it, let alone while I'm mobile. lol...
    07-24-2010 06:49 PM
    LOVE this version, already liked the old one I had a lot 1.4.4 I think but 1.5 pretty much makes the official facebook app obsolete
    07-24-2010 07:13 PM
    Only thing I like about it is it gives me notifications. Other than that I'm happy with stock app
    07-24-2010 07:44 PM
    Only thing I like about it is it gives me notifications..............
    other then that it stinks and i dont like it
    07-25-2010 09:15 PM
    Can someone walk me thru getting this app
    07-27-2010 08:36 AM
    I must be blind cause I don't see the link for the app anywhere unless it's been removed. Tried the 1.4 version and uninstalled couldn't even view my own wall! So much for bloo guess I'll keep using the original app!
    08-11-2010 11:36 AM
    Bloo 1.5 W/ Facebook Chat - Android Forums

they apparently pulled it from xda for some odd reason
    08-11-2010 11:59 AM
    Just noticed another nice quirk of Bloo. If someone posts a video (not a link to youtube, but a Facebook Video) it doesn't show in the news feed. Heck it doesn't even show on that user's wall. WTF?

Of course, they show in the native app, but clicking on it just results in a "this video cannot be played" message....but at least it shows it.

I hate how all these apps suck. I might just switch to the touch site. Oh wait, it doesn't play there either. WTF?

Well, at least it plays in the full site, but I'd rather not use that on the phone (at least as the default).

Is a decent Facebook app too much to ask for?
    08-11-2010 12:15 PM
    Is a decent Facebook app too much to ask for?
    I agree. Wake me up when someone manages to figure it out...or just steal Blackberry's already!!! At least it was decent...
    08-11-2010 11:06 PM
    How. Do I get the code??
    10-07-2010 01:20 PM
    How. Do I get the code??
    When you first open the Bloo app you should see a "Get Code" button under where you would put the code in. Press that and it'll take you to the FB mobile site so you can get your code.
    10-08-2010 08:58 AM
    Don't forget to go here to enable the permissions it needs: There are no posts in this feed or you are not friends with this person. | Facebook

Then prepare to be amazed at Bloo and it's missing news feed items (like if someone posts a video, that item won't even show...it'll just be missing. You'll also be missing any groups/pages/celebs that you "like" such as Netflix for example). Be astounded that photo albums will tell you're not friends with people you're friends with (maybe even your own albums!).

I still don't get the hype. But chat and notifications work, which is kindof nice, so I use it for those features. Not that stock app is great either, but at least the most important parts (your news feed and photos) work.
    10-08-2010 09:27 AM
    Don't forget to go here to enable the permissions it needs: There are no posts in this feed or you are not friends with this person. | Facebook

Then prepare to be amazed at Bloo and it's missing news feed items (like if someone posts a video, that item won't even show...it'll just be missing. You'll also be missing any groups/pages/celebs that you "like" such as Netflix for example). Be astounded that photo albums will tell you're not friends with people you're friends with (maybe even your own albums!).

I still don't get the hype. But chat and notifications work, which is kindof nice, so I use it for those features. Not that stock app is great either, but at least the most important parts (your news feed and photos) work.
    I never really had a problem with bloo but i do prefer the default FB app more, all they have to do it really fix the notification system and they would win some people over. I think the issue at hand is that FB has crazy amounts of moolah and they should just pay some dev a few pretty pennies and finally make a app worthy of use. Twitter has a way better API so 3rd party devs can make much better apps then the default. FB just needs to get it in gear!
    10-08-2010 09:37 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD