Bloo 1.5 is AWESOME for Facebook

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
That was it. I had to disable chat in settings and ATK to get rid of the icon. I suppose having the icon linger on the notification bar is a quick way to turn chat on and off. I think id rather have a choice to create a short cut or not. I don't like the icon loitering up there. :p

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
open Bloo and click on get code - it should fire up your web browser to the facebook webpage where you can sign in to your FB account and it'll give you the code

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Good find... I just dont know why it wont let you like a comment.... I long pressed and nada...

Nevermind it fixed itself lol

Last edited:

johndengler

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It is better than the default application in so many ways. But still needs more polish. The method for getting on and off chat could be more elegant. And profile info won't show. Hopefully this will keep getting developed. Android needs a good fb appreciate. This one has the potential to be that app.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm missing something.. I am not impressed with this app... My timeline said I'm not friends with myself and gave me an error, the feed is super boring - I don't see chat anywhere........ I need to be enlightened, I'm all for cool apps!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm missing something.. I am not impressed with this app... My timeline said I'm not friends with myself and gave me an error, the feed is super boring - I don't see chat anywhere........ I need to be enlightened, I'm all for cool apps!

I really don't like the app at all and don't get the hype. I have tons of issues with it, but do use it for a couple things like chat and photos (you can create albums and tag friends with it).

Chat is only in 1.5 which is not in the market (google it and you'll find it). You also need to go here and click on all the links in the second post in order to get it to remotely work: (I've never had to enable so many permissions for one app) Bloo Discussion at FB

My other issues involve things like those pages I am a fan of (or "like")...they don't show up in the newsfeed (making it essentially worthless for any groups or fanpages I'm following). Also, even though I can view photos in the news feed, If I try to view one of my friends' photo albums, I get an error saying I don't have permissions (this happens for about 80% of my friends, even though I have no issues with the native app or using a PC to view their albums).

Also, if someone posts a link (such as a news story or video), you can't click on the link. However, you CAN click on the icon....but if the link doesn't have an icon, you're SOL. Quite annoying.

All-in-all, I find it severely lacking, and am not sure why everyone likes it so much. It does a few things better than the native app, but a lot of things worse. Also, the support sucks. There is no contact, and despite starting a thread on the Facebook Discussion page with my issues, and posting on the blog, I have not heard anything about how to solve my issues. Would be nice if the dev would help out a bit.

Right now I am using a combination of the native app (for nearly everything) ad Bloo (for chat and some photo management such as tagging and creating albums). I am starting to try http://touch.facebook.com for some functions but have not used it enough to say what it has (or doesn't have) compared to the native app or Bloo.

I'm hoping Bloo Too will be better, since Bloo as it stands is not very good (despite the hype here about it). I can see potential, but would never recommend it as a replacement for the native app as it is right now. I am curious for Bloo Too though to see how it is.

Last edited:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info EvilMonkey. I'm going to uninstall. I don't like to chat on facebook when I'm on it, let alone while I'm mobile. lol...

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I must be blind cause I don't see the link for the app anywhere unless it's been removed. Tried the 1.4 version and uninstalled couldn't even view my own wall! So much for bloo guess I'll keep using the original app!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed another nice quirk of Bloo. If someone posts a video (not a link to youtube, but a Facebook Video) it doesn't show in the news feed. Heck it doesn't even show on that user's wall. WTF?

Of course, they show in the native app, but clicking on it just results in a "this video cannot be played" message....but at least it shows it.

I hate how all these apps suck. I might just switch to the touch site. Oh wait, it doesn't play there either. WTF?

Well, at least it plays in the full site, but I'd rather not use that on the phone (at least as the default).

Is a decent Facebook app too much to ask for?