Skype goes offline

gayleard

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Skype 2.8.0.920 on a Samsung Gallery S2.
Skype works fine; but it goes offline after about 20 minutes,
and next time I use it I have to enter my password again.

If I take Skype offline manually then my password is remembered
next time I start Skype.

I'm running IceCreamSandwich.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

stgerdes

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest version of Skype installed v 2.9.0.315.
I also enabled the option"Go offline - Never"
After appr. 10 minutes of inactivity Skype is not reacting to incoming calls although I did not sign out, etc.
When I click on the Skype symbol on the screen. The typical blue screen with "Contacts", "Recent", "Call Phone" etc, appears.
I also notice that the Online-sign on top of the screen changes for a few seconds into an "Offline" and then again back to the "Online" sign. When now someone calls, everything works perfect. After 10 minutes my Skype seems to be offline again.
Is there a way to have Skype on air all the time so that people can call me actually on Skype?
In the settings I have the function "Sign in automatically" enabled.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (model number GT-i9100P), Android version 4.0.4
I would be very happy if my friends would be able to call me on Skype. They always have the message that I am offline although I am always connected, at least I think so.
Is someone out there who would know a solution to this problem. Thanks. Stephan

stgerdes

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there really no one in this forum who has a solution to this problem? I am bit surprised!
Skype is nice for video and voice calls with other Skype users. As long as you yourself initiate the call, everything works perfect. the problem is, the other users don't see me as online, as my Skype always log off for reasons I do not understand. See my previous post. My suggestion, if you want to make cheap calls, switch to one of the clones of Dellmont or previous called Betamax. Much cheaper!. for the last 8 years I use their internet phones already. At the beginning some problems, but now it is OK.
I look forward to get a response to my previous query.
Regards.

Andrei Petunin

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Could this be due to using 4G internet? My grandfather's Skype keeps logging off his iPad and he say's the 'logout-never' is grayed out (or won't let him choose it, jumping to 60 mins).

droidcdn

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
this is looking like an app s/w issue. The app is not providing a keep alive message to the Skype server after the phone or tablet shuts off the screen. Possibly an Android operating system issue. My Ipad works fine on the skype app and stays online when the screen is off. My Droid tablet goes off line as described by others.

matrixation

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the HTC One X and I have the same problem. I need to have it running all the time but it seems like it just randomly goes offline. Now, I do notice that sometimes when I leave the house and I put my computer to sleep, which also runs Skype 24/7, the phone will, again...sometimes, log in. It seems there is no real resolution to this unless you were running an old version on Skype but...who has that anymore!? I'm running Jellybean.

Kuban Ismailov

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have Samsung S3 , i had also same problem , when i my screen goes off after 10 minutes my skype go offline always , but i delete al battery saver applications , now my skype is always ON , also RAM space is very good , performace increased , this power saver applications are suck they take a lot of RAM

good luck!

saroya

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
i have samsung galaxy s5 my skype geos offline when i press home key after a minut i never sign out. can any one tell me how to face this problem?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463