Looking for the Ultimate SMS App

toxicious

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

I'm soon celebrating 2 months as an Android user, and I think I've finally succeeded in convincing my friends to buy an Android as their next phone instead of iPhone.

I told them about WhatsApp (u know they are used to iMsg) and how nice it is.
Though it would be awesome to find the "Ultimate SMS app" and show them the true power of Android (devs can do a lot more than iOS etc).

Except all the features WhatsApp have, these are those I want that it doesn't have:

- A setting to replace the current SMS app (aka receive ordinary SMS in it too)
- The list of conversations should contain both usual SMS and the app-specific ones
- Be totally free (not that important though)

The most important feature that it should have (that WhatsApp have) is that you don't need to add contacts, you just use their phone number.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Handcent used to be a very popular option for forum fanboys. I always found it to be a slow, laggy POS, but I haven't tried it in years. ChompSMS looks like another nice option. But GO makes very nice stuff so trying GO AND would be where I would start.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been bouncing around between GO SMS, Handcent, and the stock sms apk. Ugh..right now I have Handcent and right now it works but I am always looking for new things. I like with Handcent it seems clean...but between that and GO SMS, it kills my space on my phone. I have a rooted htc evo, and they both average 8-9mb

Any help?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been bouncing around between GO SMS, Handcent, and the stock sms apk. Ugh..right now I have Handcent and right now it works but I am always looking for new things. I like with Handcent it seems clean...but between that and GO SMS, it kills my space on my phone. I have a rooted htc evo, and they both average 8-9mb

Any help?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Go SMS Pro for a few days now and I really like it. Much more customizable than the stock messaging app. Takes a little while to refresh/load messages tho sometimes. But overall, I like it.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Any help?

- - - Updated - - -

Any help?

See if your rom has app2sd built in. An sd-ext on your external card will take care of the internal storage problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85