08-06-2018 05:28 PM
481 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Yes, I have even toggled it off and on several times on both devices.
    So are you saying that auto-play works if you don't connect bluetooth? And with bluetooth when you launch the app it won't play? If so, it would be helpful to see the app's log. If your device runs ICS or earlier you can grab the app's log by using a free app like aLogCat or CatLog. Be sure to clear the log in aLogCat/CatLog, run the test, then filter the log for "com.hedami.musicplayerremix" and email me those lines from the log. And when you email me the log, let me know what you did during the time of the log.
    08-26-2013 10:19 AM
    Hi DanPLC!
    Thx for the great App. I use it since my Pre1 tp Pre3 times. Now i'm on Android and have a slight problem with Album Art. (Version 1.45)
    I can choose an Art and i can succesfully download it, but i cannot see it.
    Even after a reboot i am not able to see it. Also, while testing new ROMs, even then it doen't work for me.
    With the version befor 1.44 (the one with Album Art crashes) it worked fine.
    What can i do?

Thx and best regards,
    08-28-2013 03:47 AM
    Hi DanPLC!
    Thx for the great App. I use it since my Pre1 tp Pre3 times. Now i'm on Android and have a slight problem with Album Art. (Version 1.45)
    I can choose an Art and i can succesfully download it, but i cannot see it.
    Even after a reboot i am not able to see it. Also, while testing new ROMs, even then it doen't work for me.
    With the version befor 1.44 (the one with Album Art crashes) it worked fine.
    What can i do?

Thx and best regards,
    Other than fixing the crash, version 1.4.5 would behave in the same exact way that version 1.4.4 would. So it's not that causing your issue. If it was working before, then something must have changed on your device that's causing the media database on your device not to update. The way the app works is it downloads the album art and embeds it into the music file. It will then update the Android media database with the new album art. This is what's used to display the album art in the app.

You may need to force Android to re-index your music and re-build its media database. To do this, go to your device's app settings and open up the "Media Storage" app (under "All Applications"). Then select "clear data". Then reboot your device. This will force Android to re-build the media database and it should pick up all the new album art that was embedded in the music files. However, this will also probably delete your playlists, so be wary of that.
    08-28-2013 06:05 AM
    So i finally could check my files again and it do work with my mp3 files. But it won`t with my FLAC files. It still says "Download ok, Artwork updated" but there is nothing to see.
    Are there any specifications to regard while compress my CDs with the FLAC algorythm or something like that?

Edit: I managed to embed an downloaded artwork to my FLAC-files with another app. It is now also visible with MPR. So it seems to be no problem with Android settings or the files itself...
    08-29-2013 01:36 AM
    So i finally could check my files again and it do work with my mp3 files. But it won`t with my FLAC files. It still says "Download ok, Artwork updated" but there is nothing to see.
    Are there any specifications to regard while compress my CDs with the FLAC algorythm or something like that?

Edit: I managed to embed an downloaded artwork to my FLAC-files with another app. It is now also visible with MPR. So it seems to be no problem with Android settings or the files itself...
    It should theoretically work. I'm using an open-source library to embed the album art into the music files and it does support FLAC. However it's always possible that the library has a bug in it related to FLAC. So perhaps it's not working for FLAC files. I haven't tried it myself (I don't have any FLAC files).
    08-29-2013 06:09 AM
    That's too bad. Neverless there's a workaround for me. Feel free to contact me if you want to test a FLAC file from me.
    Thank you!
    08-29-2013 06:49 AM
    That's too bad. Neverless there's a workaround for me. Feel free to contact me if you want to test a FLAC file from me.
    Thank you!
    I just found a sample FLAC file and sure enough the album art downloading isn't working. As I suspected, the error is occurring in the tag editing library. I'll investigate and see if there's anything I can do to fix it.
    L3v3l0rd likes this.
    08-29-2013 07:29 AM
    Still loving the app since I've switched Dan, any thoughts about giving us the ability to edit the metadata (title, artist, etc). of the currently playing song? In addition is album art embedded in to the mp3 when I use the find album art option?
    08-31-2013 10:18 PM
    Still loving the app since I've switched Dan, any thoughts about giving us the ability to edit the metadata (title, artist, etc). of the currently playing song? In addition is album art embedded in to the mp3 when I use the find album art option?
    Tag editing will come in a future release.

Yes, album art is embedded in the music file when using the "download album art" feature.
    anon(363857) likes this.
    08-31-2013 10:48 PM
    Will we ever have the ability to modify the mini player toolbar? Mini player is great and if I could modify the shortcuts to mirror my setup in the main player I'd almost never have to go in to the main player...
    09-16-2013 09:30 PM
    Will we ever have the ability to modify the mini player toolbar? Mini player is great and if I could modify the shortcuts to mirror my setup in the main player I'd almost never have to go in to the main player...
    Yes, it's something I'll be investigating. If possible, I would like to eventually display the shortcuts (set up in the main app) on the mini-player. My intention with the mini-player is to pack as much functionality as possible so people don't have to go into the main app in most cases. But there may be some things that will be impossible to add since the mini-player is implemented as a basic window (that overlays on top of other apps). There are some limitations with what you can do compared to a regular app screen.
    09-17-2013 05:51 PM
    Dan another question if I may... I can't figure out how to do this. If I run a search and select a song to play, it plays and ends... what I'd like to do is have the song play and then either continue the next song in my song list (when I don't have random play on) or if I had random play on at the time resume random playing?
    10-01-2013 04:07 PM
    Dan another question if I may... I can't figure out how to do this. If I run a search and select a song to play, it plays and ends... what I'd like to do is have the song play and then either continue the next song in my song list (when I don't have random play on) or if I had random play on at the time resume random playing?
    Instead of tapping the search selection, tap the Enter key on your keyboard. This will bring you to the search results screen. Then tap "..." next to the song and select "Queue song".
    anon(363857) likes this.
    10-01-2013 04:24 PM
    Version 1.4.7 has been released to the Play Store and Amazon App Store. It fixes several bugs including one that popped up recently due to an API change resulting in all album art searches failing.

Here's the complete changelog:

- (Bug Fix) Album art searches were always failing due to an API change.

- (Bug Fix) Downloading album art could lock up the app on certain devices.

- (Bug Fix) App could crash when loading on certain devices.

- (Bug Fix) On certain Android 4.3 and 4.4 devices, the music service would not close (or re-open) when tapping 'X' in the notification area.

- (Bug Fix) App could crash on certain devices when pinching/zooming the lyrics.
    11-30-2013 03:31 PM
    Version 1.4.8 has been released to the Play Store and Amazon App Store and should be available for download soon. It has some useful enhancements and a few bug fixes.

- (Enhancement) Add option when downloading album art to modify search parameters. You can then type in any search parameter to find the optimal album art.

- (Enhancement) If you're having issues finding lyrics for a particular song, tap the refresh button (bottom-right corner of Lyrics screen) and you can choose to modify search parameters. This is helpful if the artist or song name is misspelled or missing.

- (Enhancement) Skip to the next song when tapping Next if in 'repeat current song' mode. If the track ends on its own, the song will repeat.

- (Bug Fix) Album art downloading was not working when files used certain older versions of music tags (ex. ID3v1).

- (Bug Fix) If you saved an album to the Faves list via a single song from the album, tapping on the Fave would only list songs with the same artist. So for instance, compilation albums with multiple artists would not have a complete track listing.
    hape and lairdchris like this.
    01-18-2014 10:18 PM
    Version 1.4.9 has been released to the Play Store and Amazon App Store and should be available for download soon. It has 2 features that a lot of people have been asking for: music tag editor & on-screen volume controls!

The trial version has been reset so you can try out all the new features in the past few releases!

- (New Feature) Music tag editing! Tap '...' next to a song and select 'Edit music tags' to edit the title, album, artist, album artist, genre, year, composer, track #, and disc #.

- (New Feature) On-screen volume slider has been added to the right-side sliding panel.

- (Enhancement) If no album art images are found when searching for artist and album name, instead of displaying an error, display the custom search popup where alternate search parameters can be entered in.

- (Bug Fix) If you loaded an album fave from the mini-player, only songs with the same artist as the album artist would load. The same would happen if you tried to queue an album fave.
    01-23-2014 07:18 PM
    Version 1.4.10 has been released to the Play Store and Amazon App Store and should be available for download soon. It has a few bug fixes related to the new tag editing feature introduced in version 1.4.9. But I also introduced a new feature some people have been asking for: a configurable sleep timer!

- (New Feature) Add a configurable sleep timer on the Preferences screen (accessible via the gear icon at the top of the right-side sliding panel).

- (Bug Fix) After editing tags, if you opened up the left-side sliding panel and starting swipe between the views, the app would crash.

- (Bug Fix) While on the album or artist song list screens, when editing tags of a song not currently in the now playing queue, an error would appear at the bottom of the screen even though the tag edit was actually successful.

- (Bug Fix) If you saved an album to the faves list prior to version 1.4.9 there's a chance the fave could no longer open after this release.

- (Bug Fix) When displaying the music tag editor popup, the cursor was placed at the beginning of the Title field instead of at the end.
    01-25-2014 04:09 PM
    Have you thought about switching the shuffle option back to making a random playlist or giving the user an option to do so? The problem I have with it, is when it's truly random, about half way through a playlist, it'll start playing the same songs again and I'll have to skip a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    01-30-2014 10:55 AM
    Have you thought about switching the shuffle option back to making a random playlist or giving the user an option to do so? The problem I have with it, is when it's truly random, about half way through a playlist, it'll start playing the same songs again and I'll have to skip a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Yes actually it'll be in the next release. I've had several people ask for it lately.

But it'll only be a truly random list when loading a playlist or album.
    01-30-2014 11:03 AM
    Guess we will see ChromeCast support soon!
    02-03-2014 02:25 PM
    Guess we will see ChromeCast support soon!
    I was just thinking the same thing.

Yes, it's something I'm going to investigate when I get some time.
    noseph likes this.
    02-03-2014 02:34 PM
    Hi Dan,

I have two problems with the latest version on my Nexus 5:

The scrollbar is slightly misplaced (see screenshot), I think it should be more to the right, right?
    Music Player (Remix)-screenshot_2014-02-07-15-48-41.jpg

And you can see two albums without cover. If I try to get these covers, I always get a message, that no covers could be found. This is also happening to other albums I've tried. Fleetwood Mac - The Dance should not be that uncommon...
    Maybe there's a problem with cover search?

Chris
    02-07-2014 08:58 AM
    Are you sure this album scrollbar layout issue occured with this last release (1.4.10), because there's nothing in this release that would affect the layout of the scrollbar. On my device (Galaxy S4) it looks fine. In fact this particular screen was not even edited in this release (or even in the last few releases). Is the scrollbar appearing correctly in other browsing screens (songs, artists, etc.)? Does it appear correctly on this screen while in landscape mode?

I just tried the album art downloading feature (with another album) and it worked fine. Also I tried to modify the search parameters during an album art search using the artist/album names for the 2 albums in your screenshot and it found album art for both albums. Are you sure you have a good network connection? Can you post a screenshot of the error you're receiving?
    02-07-2014 09:21 AM
    Hi Dan,

sorry for the late answer.

I can't say, if the scrollbar issue has existed before, it just caught my eye. I'm quite new to my Nexus 5, so I didn't see it before.

For the album covers, I tried again, even with "Fleetwood Mac" alone, no results, alway the attached message. Internet connection is fine, I tried with Wifi and GSM-connections.
    Maybe a problem of getting results here in Germany?

Music Player (Remix)-screenshot_2014-02-12-07-58-00.jpg
    02-12-2014 01:08 AM
    I suppose it could be because you're in Germany, but I just tried out the bing.com site (which my app uses) in German (bing.de) and it seems to find the album art for the album you listed in your screenshot. Everything looks the same as the English search.

In regards to your scrollbar issue, do you have the same thing happen on the Songs and Artists lists? And does the same thing happen in landscape mode on the Albums list?
    02-12-2014 06:36 AM
481 ... 1314151617 ...