08-06-2018 05:28 PM
481 ... 17181920
tools
    Version 1.6.6 has been released and should be available for download soon.

Changelog:
    - (Bug Fix) Album art downloading was not working due to a change in the album art search service.
    07-27-2015 07:26 PM
    Released 1.6.7. Version 1.6.6 had a bug where if the album art search produced zero results, the app would crash.
    07-27-2015 10:26 PM
    Great app, but wondering about voice commanding , especially in the car. Don't have a fancy stereo. Just getting into using Google's voice search (ok google now), and notice that I can not get it to play music if I force Google to use MPR for music search. It opens the app, but then fails to find the song (if I specified a song), or just opens the artist in the app (if I only specify the artist), but does not play music. Is this supposed to work on KITkat or am I forced to use third party apps like tasker and commandr to get voice music play to work on this app?

Sent from my XT1060 Moto X DE
    09-15-2015 12:58 PM
    Great app, but wondering about voice commanding , especially in the car. Don't have a fancy stereo. Just getting into using Google's voice search (ok google now), and notice that I can not get it to play music if I force Google to use MPR for music search. It opens the app, but then fails to find the song (if I specified a song), or just opens the artist in the app (if I only specify the artist), but does not play music. Is this supposed to work on KITkat or am I forced to use third party apps like tasker and commandr to get voice music play to work on this app?

Right now, Google Now voice searches just feed their results into MPR's Search screen, so the app won't auto-play results. However I have built extensive voice search capabilities into the app's Android Wear companion app.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 01:06 PM
    Right now, Google Now voice searches just feed their results into MPR's Search screen, so the app won't auto-play results. However I have built extensive voice search capabilities into the app's Android Wear companion app.

Thanks for quick response. Is it possible to get this to work without purchasing 3rd party apps or wearables (I'm not a watch person). If so, is it planned for the future?

09-15-2015 01:15 PM
    Thanks for quick response. Is it possible to get this to work without purchasing 3rd party apps or wearables (I'm not a watch person). If so, is it planned for the future?

Yes, I'm sure it's possible. I can investigate it.

09-15-2015 01:23 PM
    Version 1.6.8 has been submitted and should be available soon. It has support for Google Now ("OK Google") voice search queries. Specifically you can query the following:

play <Artist>
    play <Artist> <Album>
    play <Artist> <Song>

(NOTE: The first time you perform a search, you may need to type it into Google Now and then manually assign Remix (via its icon) as the default handler for the search).
    wplust likes this.
    09-16-2015 06:40 PM
    Version 1.6.8 has been submitted and should be available soon. It has support for Google Now ("OK Google") voice search queries. Specifically you can query the following:

play <Artist>
    play <Artist> <Album>
    play <Artist> <Song>

(NOTE: The first time you perform a search, you may need to type it into Google Now and then manually assign Remix (via its icon) as the default handler for the search).
    Wow that is terrific! Unbelievable support. BTW, I've loved this app since webOS. Thanks man.

09-16-2015 07:20 PM
    Wow that is terrific! Unbelievable support. BTW, I've loved this app since webOS. Thanks man.

That was a good idea. While I've been happy using the Android Wear voice searching, I'm going to find the Google Now searches very handy while riding my bike. I have a phone mount on my bike, and I keep the display on, so I'll just be able to say "OK Google...play whatever" and it'll work.
    09-16-2015 07:25 PM
    How if you have your phone on all the time on your bike, how long dose your battery least?
    Or do you have a chager via the dynmo?

HaPe
    09-17-2015 07:04 AM
    How if you have your phone on all the time on your bike, how long dose your battery least?
    Or do you have a chager via the dynmo?

HaPe
    Running the phone with max brightness, screen forced on, and GPS tracking (via MapMyRide app) does drain the battery. But my bike rides are less than 1 1/2 hours, so it's still plenty of time before the battery would run out.
    09-17-2015 10:57 AM
    Music Player (Remix) is on sale for $1 (regular price is $3.99) from now until Monday! https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sicplayerremix
    davidtm and Leo Tohill like this.
    11-25-2015 02:59 PM
    Recently installed 1.6.8 on a Nexus 7. Remix has two features that I've wanted for some time: micro controls, and viewing of embedded lyrics. I use the micro control to jog back when listening to Spanish. And of course I view the embedded lyrics to check my Spanish.

I have two requests/suggestions.

1) The micro controls and the progress bar are too close. I often hit the progress bar when I meant to hit the micro control. A little more space between them would be helpful.

2) I'd love to have micro controls AND lyric viewing available at the same time. Reduce the space for the lyrics a bit to accommodate the controls.

Overall, great job, I like the player a lot.

Leo
    11-30-2015 09:41 PM
    Recently installed 1.6.8 on a Nexus 7. Remix has two features that I've wanted for some time: micro controls, and viewing of embedded lyrics. I use the micro control to jog back when listening to Spanish. And of course I view the embedded lyrics to check my Spanish.

I have two requests/suggestions.

1) The micro controls and the progress bar are too close. I often hit the progress bar when I meant to hit the micro control. A little more space between them would be helpful.

2) I'd love to have micro controls AND lyric viewing available at the same time. Reduce the space for the lyrics a bit to accommodate the controls.

Overall, great job, I like the player a lot.

Leo
    On my devices there is plenty of space between the micro controls (i.e. the bottom of the album art) and the scrubber bar. But it may just be that my devices have more vertical space than yours. I'm not sure it would make sense to move the micro controls upward. It just wouldn't look right positioned that way.

On the Lyrics screen, and actually all screens, you can swipe up from the bottom to reveal the controls and playlist. On there you can access the micro controls if you've enabled them (by long-tapping the top-half of the album art).
    11-30-2015 09:47 PM
    Hi Dan, do you send the information about the current playing position and the song length to the android media service?
    I ask as it is not shown on my Pebble with Music Boss and the media service is where the information is read from.

You can find some infos about the function on the developers website: Media Progress Display | Reboot's Ramblings

Edit: Sorry I was wrong. It works like it shuld. I missed that I have to switch it on inside the Musc Boss app.

Thanks Hanspeter
    01-10-2016 08:11 AM
    Hi ... I'm migrating to a new phone and have installed Remix on it (purchased). I've figured out how to do things either via the helpful tips that are presented the first time, or by searching this thread.

The one thing I can't figure out how to do is get the Now Playing list to sort alphabetically. I'm talking about the playlist that appears when you drag up from the lower edge. If I go the RIGHT side menu (swipe in from right edge) I can get to the Albums menu, then select the desired folder, and THAT song list I can sort (via the button in the lower right). But I can't figure out how to get the Now Playing list to sort by alpha. And I know it's possible because I could do it on my old phone

I see that I can drag the songs around, but I should be able to tell the app to just do an alpha sort, right?

My typical usage is unlike most, probably. I have a weekly pile of mp3 audio files recorded continuously from a custom audio archiving system (in 30 minute chunks) and I listen to them sequentially. No artist names, no albums names, no track names, just mp3 files. The files are named such that as long as I sort them alphabetically, they are in the correct order. This means that I can effectively just skip ahead in time by 30 minutes by skipping to the next track. (This is also why the fine-tuned controls are critical to me, why I bought the app, because it was the only app that offered it.)
    03-29-2016 04:19 PM
    You can't, nor have you ever been able to, sort the now playing list (available via the bottom sliding panel) alphabetically. If you're not using ID3 tags to mark the track #, your only option would be to add the tracks to a playlist and then sort that alphabetically on the playlist editor screen. The quickest way to add the tracks would be with the "multi-add" feature (available via the "..." next to a playlist on the left-side sliding panel). When in "multi-add" mode, you can go to any screen (like the "Songs" screen) and tap all the tracks to add them to the playlist.
    03-30-2016 08:41 AM
    Hmmm. This is puzzling for sure. Here is the sequence of what I would do on the old phone with the older app:

1. Transfer in the new files.
    2. Drag out the right menu and select "Shuffle All". (This was a workaround step because, for whatever reason, the OS would not notify your app that there were new files in storage, and they would not appear in the Now Playing list. When I was first struggling with this app I found that if I did the "Shuffle All" and then boom all the files would show up.)
    3. Drag up the bottom menu, where the shuffle icon would be illuminated.
    4. Turn OFF shuffle. Tracks now sorted alpha ascending.
    5. Select the first track at the top of the list, and we're off to the races.

The new app behaves differently in step 3 (shuffle icon NOT illuminated after the prior "shuffle all" command) and step 4 (never goes to alpha sort).

On the old phone I was not using a playlist, because I would have had to update it every week. Once a week I transfer in a pile of mp3 files with filenames like this:

Tue1900.mp3
    Tue1930.mp3
    Wed0323d1.mp3
    Wed0323d2.mp3
    Wed0323f1.mp3
    Wed0323f2.mp3
    (that's just a selection, the actual list is much longer)

Most of the file names change every week (i.e. the "0323" above is a datestamp for last Wed), and per your method I would have been editing the playlist every week to reflect them, and I was definitely not doing that. (I don't know the first thing about playlists, never needed them.)

The biggest problem I have now is that when I skip the current playing track, it doesn't jump to the next one alphabetically. Perhaps the old app had a default sort of alpha-ascending, in the ABSENCE of an actual playlist?

If there's a one-time task like playlist creation that I need to chug through then I'll do it, but with the filenames changing every week I don't think that would work.
    03-30-2016 09:20 PM
    Hmmm. This is puzzling for sure. Here is the sequence of what I would do on the old phone with the older app
    The "Shuffle All" behavior was changed in a recent update. Previously, as you noted, it just loaded all the songs on the device and would choose a random song to move to when switching songs. Now it actually generates a randomly pre-sorted list.

But to accomplish what you're trying to do, you can just go to the "Songs" screen (via the right-side sliding panel). Change the sort order to alphabetical (via the icon at the bottom of the screen), and then press the play icon (also at the bottom of the screen).
    03-30-2016 09:43 PM
    Yes! That works! I had already done that sort, so it seems I just have to reselect it every time. I did my weekly update today and it worked (listening right now).

The only other thing I had to do to was to get the fine controls onto the lock screen (5/30/60 second jumps, the main reason I use this player). After I couple minutes of hunting through and trying prefs I did figure that out.

Thanks!
    04-05-2016 10:08 PM
    Yes! That works! I had already done that sort, so it seems I just have to reselect it every time. I did my weekly update today and it worked (listening right now).

The only other thing I had to do to was to get the fine controls onto the lock screen (5/30/60 second jumps, the main reason I use this player). After I couple minutes of hunting through and trying prefs I did figure that out.

Thanks!
    Very good!
    04-05-2016 10:28 PM
    Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I've noticed recently I'm unable to download lyrics. Every search returns no results, even with songs for which I know the lyrics should be readily available.
    04-28-2016 02:57 PM
    Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I've noticed recently I'm unable to download lyrics. Every search returns no results, even with songs for which I know the lyrics should be readily available.
    Yes there does appear to be an issue with downloading lyrics on many songs. Although it seems to work on some. I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to work on this. I'm pretty busy with other things right now.
    TapThatSAS likes this.
    04-28-2016 05:05 PM
    Interesting idea
    05-03-2016 12:46 PM
    Post removed by OP.
    05-07-2016 06:10 AM
481 ... 17181920